Britax Frontier 85: The Unboxing - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
ADS

Splash

Do you still have to flip up the recline block for harness use? Please tell me no, regardless of correct answer. Thank you.

NVMBR02

Is there a width measurement yet? I was wondering if it was wider now that it has then intergrated cup holders.

Can't wait for more details!

Mommy0608

I think we heard the installation would be improved... is the long belt path still a possibility? I need that method of installation in my van.

THANK YOU so much for the preview, now I need to convince DH that we need it.

tweetykl

Darren, can you measure the seated width for the child between the two please. How much difference is there with the cupholders? Thanks!

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I think we heard the installation would be improved... is the long belt path still a possibility? I need that method of installation in my van.

From the blog post: "Obviously, some things haven’t changed from the original design. It’s somewhat pricey. It’s relatively big and heavy. It may be incompatible with some vehicles and the long/reverse belt path has a longer learning curve than normal. Beyond that, it really is great."

So, yes - LBP is still an option!

HTH!

Maedze

I am quite sure Darren is saving all the measurements and details for the next post :p

It really is nice. Britax has won my grudging admiration for the time being. In the words of the dogs on Up, "I will like you temporarily!"

arly1983

Its official. I hate Britax because now every.single.time I use my old frontier I will want the NEW one because is soooooo much more AWESOME!!!!!

Mommy0608

From the blog post: "Obviously, some things haven’t changed from the original design. It’s somewhat pricey. It’s relatively big and heavy. It may be incompatible with some vehicles and the long/reverse belt path has a longer learning curve than normal. Beyond that, it really is great."

So, yes - LBP is still an option!

HTH!

:doh: Sorry, thank you. I missed that somehow with my nearly uncontrollable excitement. :p I just looked up the video on Britax's website, and it also shows it there.

Here's the direct video link, for anyone interested:
http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/frontier-85/videos

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it's like the opposite of the Super Elite/Husky/Regent, those just kept getting worse and worse and I could be so smug about having the older/better models (taller top slots, more installation choices)...now, well, they might as well make a green FR 85 cover to reflect all the envy some of us will be feeling :p.

fyrfightermomma

I think they won me over with the cupholders. I can't believe that's the deal breaker for me. I want another GN for E simply because the cupholders make her happy. And NOTHING makes her happy. But I hate the head slump and she can't sit criss cross. I didn't want a Frontier because of the cupholders and the install. But if the installs better, and now it has cupholders that only a crazy 4 year old could love, AND she can sit criss cross, I may just be pursuaded.

Hmmmmmm

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC