Can anyone identify this seat?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Looks like a Turbo, the cover and foam may have flown off in the crash (or been removed for some reason? looks like the side wings still have the cover on them, doesn't it?). Sad to hear a 2 yo was in a booster, glad he's survived, even if he's in 'serious' condition :(

Jennifer mom to my 7

See, that is what I thought at first, but it isn't. THe turbo has cutouts on the headrest that you can see the eps foam through. I was thinking booster, and maybe a pronto? And I was thinking one that maybe didn't have eps foam.

Kat_Momof3

looks like a Britax parkway (old style) to me - but if it is, then where are the red guides?

It doesn't seem to be a Nautilus, but it could be (just would be really tall for a 2yr old)

At 33 seconds, it zooms in closer and you can see the cover on the headrest is pulled back... and it looks like the eps foam is just hard to distinguish because of the shadow from being inside the car on a gloomy day...

and from that shot, if i imagined the cover back on, I'm going to say it looks like it MIGHT be a truefit - namely... this pattern

base_media

tech_raechel

Senior Community Member
I'd guess an Evenflo Big Kid. Black plastic shell, grey belt guides, no EPS foam (some of the older/cheaper ones).

daycaremom2002

LOL thanks. I logged out and closed my browser, now it is fine. It was changing minute by minute before back and forth to a larger size. Wierd....:whistle:

mommycat

While it's sad for us to hear of him being in a booster, the fact of the matter is I am thrilled to hear the report. a) the child was protected b) I'm pretty sure that they never said it was a booster, they said it was a carseat, and c) they said at least twice that the "carseat" saved his life, including a mention that the carseat absorbed much of the crash energy. Great message going out to the public!!! :thumbsup:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
While it's sad for us to hear of him being in a booster, the fact of the matter is I am thrilled to hear the report. a) the child was protected b) I'm pretty sure that they never said it was a booster, they said it was a carseat, and c) they said at least twice that the "carseat" saved his life, including a mention that the carseat absorbed much of the crash energy. Great message going out to the public!!! :thumbsup:

I am extremely thankful that he was at least in a booster seat. :thumbsup: I do a lot of seat check/distribution events in Detroit, and the misuse rate there is basically 100% - and most of that is non-use. The vast majority of kids that we see in Detroit (I'm talking about Detroit proper and some of the immediate surrounding areas, not the Detroit metro area as a whole) ride in nothing. Seatbelts - maybe. :( Car seats - even rarer - and they are almost always outgrown/expired/broken etc.

Maedze

On the other hand, a PSA: this two year old was injured because he was in a booster seat, meant for big kids. At two he needs to be in a car seat with a harness. Not just "The car seat saved him!" Because it sounds like the kid was seriously hurt.

meekey7197

THanks everyone, I accidently posted this again, I'm so embarrassed. I'll delete it when it pops up :( oops...

Do you all agree that this was most likely a booster though?

At around 40 seconds, does it look like there was another seat in there??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC