Is one better than the other?

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
For a FF, 35lb 3 year old, would you prefer to have him in a Radian with Safestop, or a Nautilus?

Is the safestop that much of a wonderful safety feature that the Radian would be preferred over the Nautilus? Or are the potential benefits so minute or unknown that it doesn't matter?

Just for clairification, I'm in no way trying to suggest that I think the nautilus is an unsafe or poor choice. But, I own and could use either seat for the child and didn't know if the benefits of having the safestop should be considered when choosing what seat to have this particular child ride in.

Any thoughts?

ADS

Maedze

I'm not sure there is a way to know. The point of the SafeStop is that it reduces load on the spine, which of course it does by somewhat increasing head excursion. The Nautilus gets better HE numbers in NHTSA compliance testing than the Radian does.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Whichever one fits the car and the child better and is most likely to be used correctly every ride.

mommy-medic

When was the XT made and would you have any desire to RF said child? That would be the safest option....

I know that wasn't what you asked though, and I would feel equally safe with either seat, though I do feel like (personal opinion) the radian would be the sturdier choice.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
When was the XT made and would you have any desire to RF said child? That would be the safest option....

I know that wasn't what you asked though, and I would feel equally safe with either seat, though I do feel like (personal opinion) the radian would be the sturdier choice.

He is RF in my car (which he's in 98% of the time), but in Daddy's car he is FF. I just can't see if there's any quantifiable evidence that the safestop actually provides that much more protection to warrant using it over the nautilus at this point. Both seats fit the car (Passat) and child great.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
He is RF in my car (which he's in 98% of the time), but in Daddy's car he is FF. I just can't see if there's any quantifiable evidence that the safestop actually provides that much more protection to warrant using it over the nautilus at this point. Both seats fit the car (Passat) and child great.

Since it's in Dad's car, I'd let dad choose.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC