A HUGE "BooHoo" for me . . .

Lea_Ontario

I got this email just a couple of days ago ...

Hello Lea,

I know this is short notice , but I 'm holding another technician training and have one opening. Would you still be interested? See the attached letter.

XXX

And the start of said attached letter ...

A two day training workshop will be held February 17th and 24th at XXX , from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.

:( :( :( :( :(

And finally - my response

Hi XXX - thank you for contacting me. I am still VERY interested in taking this course, but not interested enough to leave a 3-month old baby for a full day twice.

Maybe in another few months. Please keep my name on your contact list, as I will take this course as soon as a timing allows.

Thank you,
Lea

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I feel your pain. I would like to take a class this summer, but I'm not sure how feasible it will be with the baby or babies on the way.

Susan

lovinwaves

Sorry, Kashi, but GOOD FOR YOU for not wanting to leave Bear!!! :D I was the same way, and I hated it when people just didn't get it.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hugs, Kashi. I'm not willing to leave my 19 month old all day yet, and definitely understand. So far no tech classes are scheduled this year in my area. Maybe after the winter is over, but then I still will be weighing taking the course vs. leaving a nursing toddler all day.

And SusanMae, congrats to you, how exciting. :D

Lea_Ontario

Aww. ((hugs)) Another class will come around.

I'm sure of it - just wondering what the stumbling block will be next time !
First - advanced pregnancy.
Now - nursing infant.
Next - ???

I feel your pain. I would like to take a class this summer, but I'm not sure how feasible it will be with the baby or babies on the way.

Susan

Congratulations in order SusanMae ?

Sorry, Kashi, but GOOD FOR YOU for not wanting to leave Bear!!! :D I was the same way, and I hated it when people just didn't get it.

I know - a lot of people just do NOT understand why I don't WANT to leave my kids with a sitter, etc. In the 4½ years now since Boo was born, we've once left the kids with my parents (in our home) for an evening out - DH and I went to a hockey game. That was hard enough on me !

I've done a couple of one-day seminars when the kids were smaller (over a year, but still nursing Lots) where DH kept the little ones out of the immediate room, but they could come in to nurse when they needed. That was fine.

But 3-months ?? If it was only in-class stuff, I'd just take him with me. But that's not practical when it's hands-on stuff.

Hugs, Kashi. I'm not willing to leave my 19 month old all day yet, and definitely understand. So far no tech classes are scheduled this year in my area. Maybe after the winter is over, but then I still will be weighing taking the course vs. leaving a nursing toddler all day.

And SusanMae, congrats to you, how exciting. :D

:) Nice to know I'm not alone in that. It would be hard still to leave Bug all day (she's 2½ and nurses morning, nap, and bedtime).

skaterbabs

Joyjoy was 18 mos and still nursing a LOT when I took mine. It was really rough on her, what helped was MIL basically just stayed here during the day so she was in familiar territory. My instructors were great though, they let me use a spare room for pumping while I was there and everything.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Aw, I'm proud of ya mama :)

It was such a shock when I finally convinced myself to give myself a weekend away from Leila when she was almost 4 years old -- however, I did quickly adapt & discovered just how great it feels to be me without being mama once in a while :rolleyes: She's still my world, though :D

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
yup---I'm trying to be sly on outting myself. I'm looking at a late Oct due date. Blood test is friday. It'll be a few weeks more I guess to see how many stuck around.

Susan

becca011906

Senior Community Member
To bad they aren't like IBCLC courses and you can bring a nursing infant... :( i mean really all he would do it sleep and nursing, maybe lay around in a sling... i guess it'd be kinda hard to do hands on stuff...
oh well your still a wealth of info even with out the 'title' !!!! Maybe next time!

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I'm sorry!

Hopefully another class will be offered when Bear is a bit older.

It looks like I'll be taking the course when my little one is 13 months old, I have no idea how that's going to work. He won't let me leave him with anyone right now. I'm really hoping my dh will be able to take the week off to tend to him, and that my instructors will be cool w/ me pumping in another room. Beyond that, I have no idea how this is going to work.

LuvBug

((hugs))
I know another one will come when the time is right.

DS was 34mo before I left him for more than 3h, it was hard! Then I spent a whole day away from him for the first time on Oct 22nd 06 when he was 39.5mo lol! I went with my sister to see CATS and have dinner. I had my phone in one hand and keys in the other the whole time lol!

I couldnt imagine leaving an infant a whole day, let alone all 3 of my babies(if I had 3).

tchrgrrl

Awww, that had to be a tough email to hit send for but I too am proud of you! We rarely leave our kids and only with my parents for a couple of hours and lots of people think we are nuts.

MommyofBoogieBear

i'm sorry! bummer!

ya know....why do they do that?? i know a lot of people that take the course have to based on their profession (fireman etc)....but...there are enough safety conscious moms that want too as well. 3 months would be hard! people think we are nuts too for not leaving our kids. (although a date every now and then is fun and healthy for our marriage...but i too have the cell phone in one hand and keys in the other! and that didn't happen until the second child was 11 months) anyway....good for you...but i'm sorry for your disappointment. i agree....there is a lot of info you can get without the actual title.

canadianmom2three

Well, no babies for me to nurse anymore, nice flexible job and even a trainer who says there is a class coming up soon. BUT do I really want to be trained by the same tech who advised me that at 4 yo and 45lbs, my DS would be fine in a booster (as opposed to the Radian that she was struggling to install), or who agreed when the guy at the dealership took apart my seatbelt assembly, inserted 5 washers and declared the install problem 'fixed' :eek: :rolleyes: :( . She basically hinted that I am a little high strung to be a good tech anyway - "you have to have a sense of humour to be a good tech you know" Hmmmm, sorry if I was not feeling very humourous as she tried to convince me to forget about the Radian:mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC