Question Musical seats

mamahen

So I'm revisiting getting another seat for grandmas house. I have a MR in my car now and DH uses the KF 30 in and out of his when he watches DS twice a week. He cant leave a seat installed the rest of the time. Grandma also cant leave the seat in all the time so DH would have to put it in for her when he drops off DS, which is usually once a week. Grandma drives a newer, maybe '07 or '08, Toyota Highlander. The XTSL didn't work in my vehicle so that's off the table :(
DS is almost 6 months, 18 1/2 lbs, 27in, longish torso. So my options are...

1. Leave the KF30 at grandmas and get another convertible for DH

2. Leave the KF at grandmas, get a new convertible for me (probably a TFP) and give the MR to DH

3. Get a new convertible (any ideas what to get??) for grandma and leave DH with the KF until DS grows out of that then get a new convertible

4. Do nothing and make DH take the KF in and out when he drops off DS- fyi Im sure this will be his favorite option even though grandma will eventually need a convertible when DS grows out of the KF

5.Something else I didn't think of- I'm always open to suggestions

ADS

flutie128

I would get another convertible because eventually you will need to buy 2 anyways and you can spread the purchase out. Plus it is hard to install multiple times in a day in get correct installs all the time. I don't think it really matters which car you get a convertible for though. If you really want the true fit I would buy that and put the MR in another car.

mamahen

Thanks. Thats what I was kind of thinking, I just didn't want to get one prematurely and use up its time while he still fits the KF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC