Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Musical seats

Musical seats

So I'm revisiting getting another seat for grandmas house. I have a MR in my car now and DH uses the KF 30 in and out of his when he watches DS twice a week. He cant leave a seat installed the rest of the time. Grandma also cant leave the seat in all the time so DH would have to put it in for her when he drops off DS, which is usually once a week. Grandma drives a newer, maybe '07 or '08, Toyota Highlander. The XTSL didn't work in my vehicle so that's off the table
    DS is almost 6 months, 18 1/2 lbs, 27in, longish torso. So my options are...

1. Leave the KF30 at grandmas and get another convertible for DH

2. Leave the KF at grandmas, get a new convertible for me (probably a TFP) and give the MR to DH

3. Get a new convertible (any ideas what to get??) for grandma and leave DH with the KF until DS grows out of that then get a new convertible

4. Do nothing and make DH take the KF in and out when he drops off DS- fyi Im sure this will be his favorite option even though grandma will eventually need a convertible when DS grows out of the KF

5.Something else I didn't think of- I'm always open to suggestions

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Musical seats

I would get another convertible because eventually you will need to buy 2 anyways and you can spread the purchase out. Plus it is hard to install multiple times in a day in get correct installs all the time. I don't think it really matters which car you get a convertible for though. If you really want the true fit I would buy that and put the MR in another car.

Re: Musical seats

Thanks. Thats what I was kind of thinking, I just didn't want to get one prematurely and use up its time while he still fits the KF.