Wish us luck

emars002

I have debated for weeks - we are going to day to trade in our 2001 dodge caravan for a 2009 dodge journey - we are loosing our 3rd row but we don't use it - I think we will like it - has great crash test ratings (my van has terrible ones) has 36K miles (the van has 129k) so hopefully we made a good choice:)

ADS

emars002

We're back! I like it! I think i can get over my van
DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

car seat pics to follow tomorrow - DH tossed them in but he has the foot in the frontier wrong and I have to mess with the XTSL - We took the headrests off - they stick too far forward for car seats - the manual didn't say wether you could or not - they showed the top tether being thread between the head rests but in another portion, showed how to remove them - I don't think you "could" install a car seat with the headrest so hopefully we are OK

ChristyH

Nice!!

I drove a Dodge Journey as a rental car back in October and I really liked it, lots of room and it handled great.

emars002

Oh, I love it!! Can you get 3 across the 2nd row? How is the 3rd row setup?

We did not get the 3rd row - you can get that in the next 2 models up but we went with the base model - i think i can get 3 across the 2nd - I am going to try today since it is so nice out but it might not work with only one radian - I have a MA, frontier, XTSL, turboboster, safeguard, and a nautllus. so maybe some combination of those 3 would work

emars002

OK 3 across sucks! I think it could work but not with the seats I have - It almost worked with a FF XTSL, FF MA and a TB but I was so tired at that point I didn't officially check them by taking any of them out. I cannot get anything to puzzle well to have 1 Rf because the only convertibles I own are a XTSL and a MA. The middle seat belt is not ALR and the locking latch plate may have worked with the radian RF but it was getting stuck in the belt path and I couldn't twist the buckle stalk to make it shorter. the Frontier and the Nauti are just too wide - maybe you could use one of those with 2 radians. If we ever decide to have a thrid, I just need to try a lot of seats before I buy them:p The middle worked well RF with the MA because it was up on a base the the buckle wasn't getting stuck at the path - a flx lock may work there but i would have to try it - The lesson learned is if you have a dodge journey and need 3 across, you probably need new seats!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC