Ugg. Specialty baby shop...

Raegansmom4

So yesterday I swung into the only "specialty" baby store in this half of the state because I knew they would have the Radian SL line there so I could check them out. (Hoped they had a coccoro there just to check that one out, but didn't). Besides being overpriced (like I could get the 80 SL that I want $40 cheaper online w/ free shipping), the owner was talking a woman out of the GN, telling her the Frontier was so far superior you couldn't even compare them. Boo. I hate that. He was telling her she would get what she paid for and would regret the GN as it just wasn't up to snuff to the Frontier. :mad: I'm a GN lover, but he was just spewing garbage to sell his overpriced Frontier. I didn't stay long enough to see what she bought (or didn't). On a side note, I didn't realize how HEAVY a Radian is. I'm in lurve and want one BAD.

ADS

amyd

I understand your pain. We have a local boutique that advertises the Britax Advocate as "the safest car seat in Canada" & no, I am not joking. It's right on their website where you go to buy a car seat:eek: Most expensive car seat in Canada, certainly;) Sounds like the owner where you went is a Britax-lover as well:p

mommy-medic

As a CPST you should speak up! Ask the shop guy what testing showed that the frontier was superior? As the mom what fit her vehicle, child, and budget better?

If you don't like confronting them in person maybe send an email? What he is doing is a disservice to parents everywhere, and only furthers the "Britax bubble" mentality. :rolleyes:

WhatAboutPuppy

I had a similar experience yesterday!
I pulled into the stall next to this car. They are installing her seat while she stands and doesn't really even watch. He calls over a second employ to check it (so as far as I could tell, the first employ wasn't even a tech of any sort). He calls over the second guy to check and makes a laughing comment, "Did I get it in TOO rock solid? hahahaha". They then make a joke to each other that she hears about how bad the AOE is anyway and laugh. WTF!?!?!?! She was using it center position as a FF harness.
I had my child already out of his seat and in my arms, we went in and tried on shoes and liked a pair, and they had his size... we went and bought them somewhere else.

We should learn to speak up.

Jonah Baby

I'm not even sure HOW Britax ropes people in this way.
It took me MONTHS to convince DH that a U.S Britax convertible is pretty much "useless" and WAY overpriced compared to the other market options now available.

I see Britax on the same level as a Coccoro - a "niche" seat.
They are nice, but they do not hold much of a place.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ugh, I did almost all Britax convertibles (and one infant seat!) yesterday, even when there were other options that would have been soooo much better. And many of them were expired or very close to it, when we talked about replacement I tried to dispel the Britax complex, it gave me a headache!

My problem with the most-local-to-me baby specialty store is that try as I might I can't get him to carry anything OTHER than Britax. Well, he carries some Graco infant seats and also Keyfits, but convertibles, FF seats, and boosters are all Britax. He says he "can't sell anything else." well DUH if you tell everyone that they are the safest! Oy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC