Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Question using locking clip rear-facing and locking belt

I have a 94 Subaru Legacy Wagon. I have a rear-facing evenflo titan(I bought it 3 years ago and wish I had known then about all the better choices) and a forward facing FPSV convertible in the back seat outside positions. I had to use 3 pool noodles and a locking clip to get a good install on the titan because when I lock the seatbelt it tilts too much. My question is can I still lock the seat belt, just not pulled as tight WHILE using the locking clip? My understanding is that the locking clip holds everything secure before the emergency locking of the seatbelt kicks in. If this is the case doesn't locking the seatbelt give it a head start or is it strictly an either/or situation?
    Thanks,
    Lynn

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician

Re: using locking clip rear-facing and locking belt

Yes - you can still lock the belt. But, I find that it tends to still cause problems over time because it ratchets up on its own as I use the seat.

CPS Technician stayinhomewithmy6's Avatar

Re: using locking clip rear-facing and locking belt

I had the same question awhile back. Here's the thread from that one:
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=10054
    just in case you want to read it!
    SAHM to my silly six: X (12, seatbelt), R (11, seatbelt), E (9, Evenflo Amp),
    Z (6, Frontier 85 in booster mode), G (4, FF TFP) and M (2, RF Pavilion)