I called the MPs today. They made me proud.

mykidsmylife

I was leaving the health clinic today and saw a family pull their kid out of a FF Alpha Omega that was installed in the rear-facing recline position.
I had to do a double take. She was about 4m old. She could have been 6 but more like 4. She was tiny and still had a wobbly head. Ugh.

Anyways I called the MP's and talked to them and they dispatched someone out. We went and got breakfast and came back to gawk. The MP was parked in front of the car and the MP was in the clinic.

The family came out and put the baby in the seat and the MP came running out. He stopped them and talked to them and then the dad took the car seat out and installed it rear-facing.

He looked like he was struggleing so I went in the clinic and talked to them. I asked if the car seat tech was there (she works as a pediatric nurse there). She came up and I told her what was going on. The MP came in and the tech was going back to get her paperwork. She sent the MP out to stop the family from leaving.

She went out there and taught them how to install the seat and gave them lots of info. etc.. :)

I am glad the MP's and her stepped up and helped this family out.

I decided against approaching them since I have no authority.

ADS

jasminegrl

thats awesome I wish our MP's cared I see mis-installed carseats all the time while driving, because of most of them are Japanese they don't see anything wrong with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC