News Another West L.A. seat check event, Sat. Feb. 20 2010

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Since I know there aren't a lot of opportunities in this area, I like to post these when they come up... This is the last one I know of in this part of the city for a while (we've had a few in the last several months.)

Whole Foods West Los Angeles (11666 National Blvd.-- at the corner of National and Barrington) is hosting a "Love Your Children Kids' Fair" event Saturday, Feb. 20, 2010 from 11 am to 3 pm. Kids Are 1st (the organization I volunteer with) will be providing child ID kits and car seat checks (me and usually some CHP officers, though not always. :) ) There will also be free samples from Whole Foods vendors and pet adoptions from the SPCA! The organizer (who heads up Kids Are 1st) is great at making sure these events are always a blast. It will be a lot of fun.

This is a rather rare opportunity in this part of town, so I hope to see anyone in West. LA looking for a seat check there! Also if any techs in the area would like to help out, feel free to PM me. :) We can always use extra hands. (Even if you're not a tech I'd love to have someone to scribe for me! Help always welcome! :) )

Whole Foods West L.A. calendar page listing this event

ADS

Auntie2Avi

I wish you would have an event on a Sunday! I love that Whole Foods, but it is a bit too far for me to walk. I wish the event was closer to me so I can walk over and say hi.

stephcali

That sounds like a lot of fun! But for some reason these things always fall on a day when we can't go :( I hope you get a good turn out!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ilana, they have Sunday events sometimes but not usually in West L.A.-- and I can never go to the Sunday ones.

If you ever get certified, you can help with the Sunday checks and I can do the Saturday ones, lol!

tl01

Since I know there aren't a lot of opportunities in this area, I like to post these when they come up... This is the last one I know of in this part of the city for a while (we've had a few in the last several months.)

Whole Foods West Los Angeles (11666 National Blvd.-- at the corner of National and Barrington) is hosting a "Love Your Children Kids' Fair" event Saturday, Feb. 20, 2010 from 11 am to 3 pm. Kids Are 1st (the organization I volunteer with) will be providing child ID kits and car seat checks (me and usually some CHP officers, though not always. :) ) There will also be free samples from Whole Foods vendors and pet adoptions from the SPCA! The organizer (who heads up Kids Are 1st) is great at making sure these events are always a blast. It will be a lot of fun.

This is a rather rare opportunity in this part of town, so I hope to see anyone in West. LA looking for a seat check there! Also if any techs in the area would like to help out, feel free to PM me. :) We can always use extra hands. (Even if you're not a tech I'd love to have someone to scribe for me! Help always welcome! :) )

Whole Foods West L.A. calendar page listing this event

I'm going to post this on a local LA board. From what I understand, you are working this event... and there will be real techs there right:).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm working the event! There may (probably will) be CHP officers there as well. They are not guaranteed to be perfect (last time we had subs because the regular techs she asks for were called away and they were, well, pretty bad.) But I try my best to keep an eye on them. If anyone wants me specifically to check their seats they are welcome to ask for/wait for me; I have curly hair that will be in a ponytail, wear glasses, and will be the one not in a CHP uniform. ;) (I'll probably be in a blue t-shirt but no guarantees! I may change my mind. ;))

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, it was crazy. We went an hour over with folks that came in right before the end, had to turn people away because of time. In the 5 hours I was there I did (personally) about 16 seats in 11 cars. There was one other tech (he's with the organization.) The CHP did not show up. WILD! And awesome, though I saw some very unexpected things!

tl01

Well, it was crazy. We went an hour over with folks that came in right before the end, had to turn people away because of time. In the 5 hours I was there I did (personally) about 16 seats in 11 cars. There was one other tech (he's with the organization.) The CHP did not show up. WILD! And awesome, though I saw some very unexpected things!

Glad people showed up. Do you ask people how they found out about the event?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Glad people showed up. Do you ask people how they found out about the event?

We don't officially but I usually ask. Most of them were a) out driving by and saw the sign or b) were coming to Whole Foods to do their shopping and had time on a Saturday afternoon to wait for a seat check. (We almost never have people drive by and come in, so the location must be especially awesome for that, and yay for shoppers who will postpone other errands to make their kids safe! I think maybe Whole Foods shoppers are more prone to that kind of thing-- willing to spend more money to buy organic, etc.?) A few of them had seen in-store flyers in the past week and came especially for it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I could have sent you techs. We were steady, but actually had time for lunch!

It would have been a long trip. ;) I was glad you had time to call WA for me though! ;) Oh, you know what she found (well her son) found like 5 minutes after I got off the phone with you? The Chaperone manual. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC