Convertible car seats installed in a buick rendezvous

BellasMom

This is a question for the cps's or any fellow parents who may have experience installing convertible car seats in different vehicles...i'm looking at the graco my ride, the first years true fit, and the radian xt/premier/65 (or any of the other radian models that are similar in size) ...we have the 2005 Rendezvous but i'm sure any year would do ...my only option for ordering the radian or true fit is online so i would love to know that someone has been successful in installing these seats correctly in my vehicle before i order one...i found the my ride at walmart/toys r us but I would rather not have to exchange a number of different seats if all I had to do was as for help from all of you ...thanks so much

ADS

Maedze

Although I have not specifically used that vehicle, I find it really hard to imagine an incompatability in a mid-sized SUV.

The only one of those restraints that can be a bit titchy is the Radian, and that's dependent on how inclined the seating area in the rear vehicle seat is.

APmama2MAK

Ive installed a Graco Safeseat1 (infant seat) and a true fit in one, I cant recall any problems with either seat, but there is more than enough room.
I havent tried a Radian in one, but if you cant find one in a brick and mortar store you can find them a few places online with easy return shipping.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, talked to Gabe, we think it was just trying to find the tethers. I had to get the latch manual out. The actual install was find.

ILoveMy3Boys

Granted I'm not a CPST but Judi is mentoring me :D My MIL has a Rendezvous and that car is a total PITB to install seats in. You HAVE to use latch for the middle seat outboard seats because the seat belts don't lock. We've installed Snugrides, Sceneras, RA, MA and RN (all RF) in them all of them are a PITB especially with the RN there is zero room left in the from seat. My hubby who is 6'2" can't drive when seats are installed. Also the third seat is a joke, we've never installed seats back there but if the third seat is up you'd be hard-pressed to get a Maclaren in the cargo space and you'd still have zero leg room if you rode in the third row. Its perfect for my MIL, FIL and their Sheppard mix and Great Dane with the back row down.

Maedze

Granted I'm not a CPST but Judi is mentoring me :D My MIL has a Rendezvous and that car is a total PITB to install seats in. You HAVE to use latch for the middle seat outboard seats because the seat belts don't lock. We've installed Snugrides, Sceneras, RA, MA and RN (all RF) in them all of them are a PITB especially with the RN there is zero room left in the from seat. My hubby who is 6'2" can't drive when seats are installed. Also the third seat is a joke, we've never installed seats back there but if the third seat is up you'd be hard-pressed to get a Maclaren in the cargo space and you'd still have zero leg room if you rode in the third row. Its perfect for my MIL, FIL and their Sheppard mix and Great Dane with the back row down.

The seatbelts do lock :) All vehicles made after 1996 must have locking belts in all vehicle seating positions except the driver's.

Use of lower anchors in the middle position is strictly forbidden by Buick.

APmama2MAK

The seatbelts do lock :) All vehicles made after 1996 must have locking belts in all vehicle seating positions except the driver's.

Use of lower anchors in the middle position is strictly forbidden by Buick.

I think she meant middle row?

ILoveMy3Boys

I did mean middle row... doh! Now I'm going to call DH and have him play with the belts because he's at his parents' house with the kids now. I know that the 6+ times we've installed seats there it wouldn't lock.

Maedze

They do lock in one way or another, either at the retractor (by pulling the belt all the way out and letting it click back in) or at the latchplate, with a lightweight locking latchplate.

APmama2MAK

Have you tried both outboard seats in the middle row to see if either lock when you pull them out slowly? (assuming they dont lock in another way)

ILoveMy3Boys

Okay... DH is getting irritated with me because today is our youngest son's birthday and I'm supposed to be getting things ready LoL He brought the manual home but to be honest I'm just getting more confused because I'm trying to read through it too quickly. I'll come back to it tonight...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC