Volvo Integrated Booster Seat and boys in boosters

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
My sister just bought a Volvo and was asking me about the integrated booster. So, I tried it when she came over today. It actually provided a great fit for my dd (6, 53 inches, not sure on height). I was surprised. It positioned the belt very well. Really, it's just like a backless booster without the arm rests.

Tried ds in it. He is only 37 lbs so was not expecting a good fit and didn't get one. The shoulder belt was on his neck and he immediately pulled it out to put it behind him. Reminded me that he is NOT ready for a booster.

For those of you with boys, did you find that it was much later that they were ready for a booster. I just cannot imagine him sitting properly. Granted, he is still a few months shy of 5 but at 5 my dd could sit properly. Not a huge issue yet for use b/c he may never hit 40 lbs.:)

ADS

DahliaRW

I think it depends on the child. Ds1 started booster training at 4, begged and begged to ride in it full time (he was 40lbs) so we let him with the caveat that any issues we'd put him back in the GN harnessed. He sat perfectly, every time, he was so motivated.

His grandparents have a built in volvo booster and the belt fits him great in it too. He is long torsoed, however.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC