Child ejected from vehicle in rollover crash...

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Probably a booster would have even done the trick, too. This is the same thing that happened to Anton Skeen, except he died (and his mother got the ball rolling for booster laws nationwide). I hope this doesn't give anyone a false sense of security that 'the kid was thrown clear of the crash and survived!' :(

Dillipop

OT- I went to college in Logan, UT.

With how young people in Utah get married and have kids, the child could have been close to 8-10, based on the fathers age. He could have been as young as 4, though, as Utah only requires seats up to 4, I believe. I know my SIL has used that as reason why her 4 year old isn't in a seat.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Probably a booster would have even done the trick, too. This is the same thing that happened to Anton Skeen, except he died (and his mother got the ball rolling for booster laws nationwide). I hope this doesn't give anyone a false sense of security that 'the kid was thrown clear of the crash and survived!' :(

Yeah, he's really lucky b/c usually the vehicle rolls over on the ejected passenger... :( Or throws you into the path of an oncoming vehicle - neither of which would have a happy ending.

lovinwaves

hmmmm...Sounds a little suspicious to me. The father *says* his son had his seatbelt on and just "slipped out", but we really don't know that for sure. He might have *thought* he had his seatbelt on, or would like to think he did, but who knows :(

Hey, Alicia, could you do us a favor and let us know if your local news station reports anymore on the results of the crash investigation? TIA!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC