Anyone have a 44", 40 lbs child in a booster?

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
If so what booster? I am debating between an Oobr and a Vivo. This will be a spare seat. I just don't know if I can justify the cost of an Oobr even at $225. Plus, I cannot try out either seat in person.

My son is tall and skinny. He is five. He wears size 5/6 tops only because he needs the sleeve length (long arms run in our families). In short sleeved tops he can wear as small as a 3/4. In pants he is in a 5 slim.

Thanks!

ADS

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
My child fit perfectly in the Turbobooster at that size.

Yes, we've tried that one. He has ridden in one in a friend's car twice. I am not thrilled with it. He just looks so unprotected and we (husband too) have ruled that seat out. Same with the Parkway SG.

ChristyH

My son is about that size, he just turned 6 and is about 42lbs and about 43" tall. He rides in a Nautilus in my van but for an occasional ride in grandma's car or in DH's truck he rides in a Vivo. He loves it and so do I, it's a great fit for him!

eta pictures - sorry about the quality they were taken with my phone

jacksvivo2.jpg

jacksvivo.jpg

clmchrissy

My 5.5 yo is about 40 lbs & 44.5 " & fits well in a hb Turbo & old style Parkway (I would assume the SG would be the same).

firemomof3

If the Oobr is too much $ and you don't like the TB then I would choose the Vivo :thumbsup: It provides a great fit and is comfy :love:
Here is my dd1 last year at 6y/o 40lbs.:
Summerfun045.jpg

pupcarseats015.jpg

autumnlily

If the Oobr is too much $ and you don't like the TB then I would choose the Vivo :thumbsup: It provides a great fit and is comfy :love:
]

She looks SO comfy! These would be great "proper fit" model pics...

I was going to recommend Vivo too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
Thanks! Anyone have any of kids in the Oobr (other than on the Clek Facebook page)? I really LOVE the looks of the Ooby Skurvy. It is just the cost that is deterring. Afterall, it will just be a spare seat. I told myself that if I could get the Oobr for under $200 it will come home. If not we will get a Vivo since they are less than $100.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Parkway no longer requires use of the SG clip (in the manual, it's recommended, but not required), so it might be a good choice for now, when you can use it, and later since it's super tall (way taller than the Turbo, which is sort of the ComfortSport of the booster world....fine, cheap, but too short to really even be worth the money :twocents:) and you won't have to use the clip when he's older :). And the Vivo's nice....fits my 36lb 42" 4 yo great just in testing :)

oxeye

I just moved DD1 who is 41 pounds and 44" to the Parkway SG. She fits really well in it. It was between that and the Vivo for me and I decided that I wanted the SG feature since she is at the lower limit for safe boostering.

I posted pics in another thread if you look at my old posts.

chpiper

<<moderator removed OP's photographs>>

That looks like a very comfy choice!!

Last edited by a moderator:

hboo22

My 45ish lb 5 year old has a Vivo in dad's truck and I really like it. I've never seen an Oobr, but they are really pricey. I think the Vivo is perfect for smaller booster riders, it fits snugly and the headwings are great for sleepers. Here is Laila in hers (it's in my car in this pic). My mom has a Turbobooster for her, and while it fits her well, it just doesn't look as comfy and I hate that it comes apart easily if you try to move it :(
194952.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/products/user-guides/48.pdf

No red-boxed warnings, no 'must use!' nothing but
"SecureGuard:
Britax recommends using the SecureGuard to
achieve best vehicle seat belt placement."

Though it does later say, "5 Route the lap part of the vehicle seat belt
through the SecureGuard clip (Fig. C).
* Ensure the bottom edge of the SecureGuard
clip is level with your child’s upper thighs."

So they may still tell you it's necessary if you call them, but the older Slide Guard manual did have specific warnings to use it at all times, different from this manual.

Melanie

My daughter is about the same size. I just, as in last night, ordered her a Vivo as an occasional spare. I was torn between the Vivo and the Parkway. In the end, I chose the Vivo because of the deeper head wings and not needing the SG later. (although now it looks as if the SG clip isn't absolutely required) I'd tried it out in a store about 6 months ago and she fit very well.

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
We have a Vivo for my 6 year old DD who is a little bit bigger than your DC and we have been very happy with it! DD likes it best of her three boosters (Turbo, Parkway and Vivo).

Kat_Momof3

my daughter is a little more filled out... but she and I both love her vivo... latest pics are here - http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=107696 - in this thread...

but I really obviously need to take some fresh and better ones... I was going to get some when we went out this weekend, but instead, Aunt Flo arrived feeling mean and nasty, so we had to stay home... next weekend, though.

Anyway... I love the looks and features of the oobr... and wish I could afford it... but I don't think I'd spend that much on a spare seat (unless I won the lottery or won the seat)

daniele_ut

DS is 43" tall and closer to 45lbs, but he fits really well in the old style Parkway that we use very occasionally.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC