MyRide harness not holding tight...

Raegansmom4

Yesterday was the first trip w/ the MyRide after taking it apart to wash the cover (diaper pee leak). I know I put it together right - not too difficult. Anyway, I put dd2 in, tighten the harness - even pulled from the back and felt behind the cover over the splitter plate to make sure nothing was getting caught since I just took it apart, and when we got home, her harness was scary loose. Probably could have pinched 2 inches of harness!!:eek: Why didn't it hold? It really freaked me out.

ADS

Maedze

Is there any chance she reached forward and loosened it herself?

Were you able to reproduce the problem at home manually?

AtTheSouthDam

When you adjust it make sure that peice of fabric covering the adjuster is not stuck in the front adjuster. I did that a few weeks and panicked.

lil.miss32

When you adjust it make sure that peice of fabric covering the adjuster is not stuck in the front adjuster. I did that a few weeks and panicked.

This happened to me when I was playing with it at Wal-Mart. (The ONLY seat not bolted to the shelf, mind you. :rolleyes: )

Raegansmom4

We had a much shorter trip tonight and it held ok - but we're talking 6 miles vs. the 40 yesterday when it loosened. I'll have to keep an eye on the flap on the adjuster strap - maybe that did it. She's too stubby limbed to reach it herself lol. She just started to able to get her sippy in and out of the cupholder! That's why it fits her so well - super short chunkers!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC