Nautilus Manual

tl01

What do you all think of the part of the manual that says you should use a thin towel or car seat mat under the seat? I actually says that it might cause damage if it is used all the time. I don't have anything under mine... but has anyone with leather seats had a problem. I would sacrifice the the seat for DS's safety obviously.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've never heard of them causing damage. I think it's butt-covering in order to prevent them being sued by irate sports car owners.

Maedze

I've never heard of them causing damage. I think it's butt-covering in order to prevent them being sued by irate sports car owners.

Yup. It doesn't cause damage. In fact, it's so smooth bottomed that it's probably one of the least likely to cause damage.

armywife12

I hate that Graco states this in their manuals and they have other things in their manual that I have issues with as well. We have leather seats but haven't had them for long. We bought the car back in November and have no issues with damage. Car seats have been installed in every position of our car and any indents caused are gone by the next day.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've never had any problems with the bottom, but I had a small rip/wear working on the seatback of my van, where one of the vertical metal rods is. The seats were cloth. I'm pretty agressive with my installs (have been since long before I found this board,) but that was the first time that had happened.

tl01

I do think the seat is quite pointed at the back which is where I think a problem could arise.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I don't have a problem with a thin towel either. I do have a problem saying it SHOULD be used when it's often not necessary or desired, and I have an issue with most of the mats I see (not that they count as "thin" to me but mainly because they are STIFF.)

hboo22

I have a Nautilus that's been installed for over a year on my leather seats, with no wear or tear. It makes dents, but they come out if you leave the seat out a day or two....I do think it depends on the type of leather, some are thicker, but that seat is really flat on the bottom. I don't see the problem with a thin towel, though, as long as you can get it installed tight.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC