Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Question WEIGHT of Chicco KeyFit30

Hi!

I'm getting ready to order our next infant carseat.... I've been looking at the KeyFit30 as well as the various Graco Snugrides online (no good local shopping options, so I can't go play with things). We used the original Graco Snugride (is that now the Snugride 22?) with our other 3 kids & it was great and lasted until about 5-6 months (all 3 kids grew too tall for it... didn't hit 20lbs until 1 year). However, a friend has a newer Snugride (she's not sure if it is the 32 or 35) & I picked it up empty the other day and WOW is it HEAVY!!! I can't imagine using the caseat carrier feature very long at all, once you add a baby. That wasn't a problem with our original Snugride. I tried looking up the weights of the various seats and found this list referred to here http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...TckN1YlE&hl=en which is helpful, but is missing the seat weight of the KeyFit and the Snugride 22... the key info I need!

Does ANYONE have that info? what the carrier seat weighs alone? I just don't wanna buy a seat that supposedly will last forever and then end up not carrying it anywhere due to back pain!

THANKS in advance!!!!
    ~Tiffany
    DD1 7 years old in Radian 65
    DS1 5 years old in Radian 65
    DD2 4 years old in Marathon
    DS2 due June '09, getting ready to order his infant seat!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: WEIGHT of Chicco KeyFit30

The snugride 22 is 7.5 lbs. I own a keyfit, but don't know how much it weighs. Feels pretty close to the same to me.

4. Thank You from:

CPS Technician JerseyGirl'sMama's Avatar

Just wanted to chime in that the Keyfit weighs slightly more than the SR22 IIRC, but the way the handle is designed, it feels like less.
    DD 5.5yrs, FF in a Recaro ProSPORT
    DS 2.75yrs, RF in a Peg Primo Viaggio

Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc.

6. Thank You from:

The keyfit30 has a weight of 9 lbs. I will get both the snugride 22 and the keyfit 30 weight added to the spreadsheets.
    Last edited by safeinthecar; 09-09-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    Katy

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! I appreciate all your help! and Katy... that spreadsheet is really an amazing feat! a ton of work, but hugely helpful! I appreciate all your efforts!

~Tiffany