Which slots??

Mommy2Marcus

So...I started to really look at Marcus in the Nautilus the other day. It really does look like on the 2nd slot that the harness is curving over his shoulders. However from sticking my finger in the slot, it seems he still has a hair more room. So...I decided better safe than sorry & moved them up to the 3rd. However I HATE how high the headrest has to be. I wish it could be down one more, but down one more it covers the top of the harness.
So.....I ttok some pictures of him on the 3rd slot. Tell me what you think of each slot.

2nd Slots:
014-7.jpg

021-2.jpg

017-4.jpg

3rd Slots:
005-14.jpg

002-16.jpg

007-14.jpg

So...tell me what you think. Which slots would you use??

ADS

Mae

I'd use the third. That's a bit too close for comfort, for me.
Plus, you'll most likely have to move them up soon anyway. So, I'd just leave them up-- they're already there. :)

Mommy2Marcus

I'd use the third. That's a bit too close for comfort, for me.
Plus, you'll most likely have to move them up soon anyway. So, I'd just leave them up-- they're already there. :)

Thanks! This is what I was thinking. I was hoping that I could leave them on the 3rd, but he is VERY close to being over, so I thought better safe than sorry. I did like the fit of the head wings better on the 2nd though. I think he is due up for another growth spurt soon though, we shall see.

Mommy2Marcus

cute! id go with the higher one too... what happened to his hair?

I got it cut on Monday. It looks uneven in the pictures, but it is not. It was just a little dishevled from him rubbing his hands through it. I know he was cute with it long, but it kept getting in his face & he was rubbing food in it all the time. So...time for a cut! However his hair grows redicously fast, so it will be back long before no time.

Pixels

It looks like the pen through the slot is not touching his shoulder. He's still below those second slots.

brooklynsmommy

This is EXACTLY how DD fits in it!! I hate how the head rest has to be up higher. Yet, if she were using it in booster mode, it could be put down where it protects their head.

Mommy2Marcus

It looks like the pen through the slot is not touching his shoulder. He's still below those second slots.

So...do you think I should move them back down?? It looks to me like he is dead even with them, exspecially with them actually on the 2nd slot. I really do like how the headrest is right there sorrounding his head better on the 2nd, but was worried he was SO close to them that I would miss him going over. WWYD if it were your child?

This is EXACTLY how DD fits in it!! I hate how the head rest has to be up higher. Yet, if she were using it in booster mode, it could be put down where it protects their head.

Yeah...I SO wish I could have the head rest down one more notch. It covers the top of the straps though, so that is a no no. It sucks when they're in between like that. I also think that if the head rest was down around his head, then he would not have horrible head slump the way he does. I think it would help contain his head for him to be able to sleep resting his head on them.

flutie128

I would leave it on the 3rd because I would probably miss him going over the slot and feel guilty plus I don't like installing seat that often.

Mommy2Marcus

Second slots and keep a pen handy to check frequently.

I think I might do this. The wings being up SO high are bugging me. I think by the time he grows out of the 2nd slots fully, then his head will be better contained in the head wings on the 3rd slots. I always have a pen in the car anyhow. Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC