Chaperone already a year old....

Mirandagrate

I decided to get a Chaperone for the new baby... anyway, I ordered Monday night and it came in today. The DOM is 4/11/09... so it's almost a year old.. should I ask diapers.com about it or is that normal to get a year old car seat?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It must not be selling very well.

However, it's only 10 months old. If you got a decent price I'd not argue with that.

You can call and see if there's a newer one they can trade you for if you paid close to full price.

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
well obviously it's going to be rare to get one that's only a month or two old. unless it was seriously discounted i would definitely be returning a 10 month old seat.
i'm doubt they'll go hunting for a "new" one for you if you exchange though.

Mirandagrate

I paid $206.99 I got the 10% discount, it was listed at $229.99...
So, it wasn't really on sale and I don't think I got a great discount.... maybe I'll call them to see what they say... I'm not going to be rude, just ask :)

steph_s

Diapers.com sent me a 14m old Marathon once, I called them and they paid for shipping both ways and I got a newer 3 month old seat. They were very nice about it when I explained that I needed the full life of the seat and for only $15 off that the savings isn't worth that little bit of savings. They were very nice about it!

Mirandagrate

Re: Chaperone already a year old....UPDATE

Well I called them and they're having UPS pick it up tomorrow and they said that they're going to have the warehouse look for a newer one and then contact me before they ship it out! Talk about customer service!:thumbsup:

Mirandagrate

Well, they called back and all the chaperone's they had were that same DOM... I had them send me an Onboard 35 Air instead.... I hope I like it just as much as the I liked the Chaperone!!!:shrug-shoulders:

steph_s

I'm actually loving my onboard more than my keyfit these days! I'm not a huge fan of the practicality of the Britax chaperone. It looks really nice, it's fun to play with but practically it just doesn't work for me. It is just too heavy, bulky, and awkward to carry compared to to other infant seats. Also the shell on the onboard is higher so it will last longer and the bottom straps are really low and fit newborns nicely! :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC