3 across back row of honda odyssey?

MySillyKids

I need two FF seats, and a RF seat in the 3rd row of my ody. Seats i have are:

-3 Radians, (two 65's one XT) --yes i know they don't all install back there, but has anyone tried two FF and one RF radian (maybe with latch?!)
-Myride
-frontier
-regent
-apex
-MA (this would have to be RF if i could fit it in there)
-turbo booster (last choice, he's not fully boostered yet)

Kids are:

almost 6, 45-50lbs
4 years old, 50+lbs
2 years old, 28lbs

All the kids fit in their seats. I just need a combo.

Van is 2005 Honda Odyssey touring.

ADS

Chex

Radians fit FF in both outboard positions. It's a HUGE PITB to get them installed, but it's doable. You just have to use ALL of the tips/tricks to get them in. Having a helper would be helpful. :p

Unfortunately that middle seatbelt just doesn't work with Radians. And since the LATCH is off-center, if you did install it w/LATCH, you wouldn't be able to get a seat in next to it.

I'm trying to remember if I ever tried a RF Britax between 2 RNs. I think I might have, but I don't remember the outcome. I would definitely give it a shot, though. Try any of your convertibles RF in that position and see if you can get a good puzzle between the RNs. Hopefully something will work.

As far as the TB, IF you could get it to fit between the RNs, you'd probably have a fairly hard time buckling it. It's just a tight fit there on that back bench. :(

MySillyKids

My mom will be bringing me her radians in her car tonight. I can do a FF radian (i have the XT) and a rf myride, MA, and see what i can come up with. hm. shall be interesting. lol.

Chex

Oh, good! You will have a helper. That will make getting the RNs in much easier.

Hint: Recline the RNs, recline the back of the bench, twist the buckle stalk as many turns as possible (can't remember if you can get a full 3 twists or not), pull the RNs out from the seat bight a bit, install, then push the back of the bench back up into the RNs.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

MySillyKids

SUCCESS!

Two FF radians with seatbelts, a RF radian in the center, with LATCH. W00t w00t w00t w00t.

Kidzndogz and Cadensmommy were here to my rescue!

YAY!

8ce25e3d.jpg

Chex

That's awesome, MSK! If I had a carseat installed with center LATCH, I was never able to get anything next to it since the LATCH is off-center. But I was also doing it by myself, which may have been the problem. It's always so much easier with help.

Congratulations! I'm so glad it worked!

MySillyKids

My LATCH isn't off center? It's dead set in the middle of the seat.

Mine's a 2005.

We had 3 people (two pregnant (kidzndogs and cadensmommy) :p ) and me pushing SO far down on the dang thing. omg.

Your tip about reclining the seat worked PERFECT on the XT. I think it's cause i reclined it further than i did the 65.

thanks!

(and thanks to alicia, and Clarissa!)

Chex

Hmmm....that's weird. I had a 2005 and when I'd install a seat in the middle there was always more room on one side of it than the other. If I'm remembering right, the driver's side had less room and the passenger side had extra room. Not by a lot, but enough that I had a hard time getting any other seats installed on the one side. Weird. :scratcheshead:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC