Radian or MyRide65?

Which seat for DD2?

• Radian

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • MyRide65

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

2BunniesMommy

We finally have a second vehicle!!! Yea!!! Now I need to decide what 2nd car seat to buy my second child.

DD1 has a Frontier, a Nautilus, and as of last week, a Generations65 for MIL's car.

DD2 has a Marathon. That's it, poor baby. She needs another seat. I am trying to decide between the Radian and MyRide65. I would so love to get 2 Radians and put DD1 rearfacing too, but since she already has 3 seats that is not going to fly.

Tell me what you love or hate about your Radians and MyRides.

So far the 3 reasons I am thinking Radian is the 45 lbs rearfacing limit, the rear facing tether, and the lower sides. I love the Alma cover on the MyRide ( I know not a reason to pick a seat) and the price point is better. I wish I could try out a Radian but I think the closest store that would have one is at least 3 hours away. I have not really ever played with one. If I do go with the Radian, it would most likely be the 80SL.

ETA: If we get a Radian it will go in the 2003 Windstar captain's chair. If we go with a MR it will go in the 2004 Freestar bench.

Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

Maggie

im nak, sorry for typos
i relly dislike how deepthe myride is. i lasted a week before puttiong my ma back in. i could probably do it with a younger baby, but dd2 is heavy! she had a hard time climbing in herself and it hurt my back to hoist her up over it. other than that i liked it. straps werew a little twisty though.

TiaxMarie

I voted Radian because I LOVE mine. But, I don't have much experience with the MyRide. I've only installed one, and it was FF for a 4 year old.

emandbri

I'd get the radian for the extra 5 lbs and extra leg room.

Here is Elizabeth in the my ride and you can see her in the radian in my siggy. She is also 5 months younger in the my ride picture.

DSC02398.JPG

nmb

I voted for Radian - check around here first to see if it'll install in your vehicle.
I love the mesh seats (DS sweats a ton in anything else. Esp true when he was an infant...but still today). Love the low seat sides, DS hangs his legs over the sides and puts them on the vehicle seat (he does that FF and RF....his legs don't quite bend over the front of the seat yet FF) so no leg discomfort either way. High RF weight & height limit is a huge benefit of course....no other seat my DS can RF in. (well, maybe complete air, but we already had 2 radians before that came out....). Travels well, we've used it on airplanes fairly easily - folded it rode in the stroller nicely. Installed RF and FF; FF the Radian is the only seat that your child will be able to use the tray table with. Loved the body pillow on the Radian80 used as a head pillow when DS was younger - from 10 mos to almost 2...then he decided he didn't like it there anymore.

I don't much like the way the headwings are on the XT.

Also, our Radian80 the slot in the buckle tong is narrower than the harness belt....so no matter what the harness is folded a bit in the buckled, which I don't like much. I think though, that is an issue w/ older seats (ours is 2007 DOM) more than the 80 vs others.

2BunniesMommy

I'm pretty sure I heard that the Windstar is car seat friendly, so I would go with the Radian.

I see you have both seats I am considering....care to tell me more reason why the RN over the MR?

I am leaning towards the Radian quite a bit at this point.

firemomof3

I chose the Radian over the MyRide because the Radian can be tethered rf which is huge for me. Plus, I love the leg room in the Radian, the low profile and the memory foam. I love the MyRide though for my daycare kiddo :love: He's 20mo. and the MyRide is so quick & easy to install since I only have him 3days/week. I put the MyRide in the 3rd row of my Sedona :)

2BunniesMommy

I'm just about sold! Leaning more and more towards the Radian. Will be so disappointed if it doesn't really work in the Windstar. Also will need to see what DH thinks since it is about a $75 difference pricewise. I think the higher rearfacing limit and the rear tether will sway him pretty easily though. So...where can you get the best deal on an 80SL? I'm just not big on the headwings on the XT, too bad Petal is not an option on the 80s.

Pixels

I have a Radian65 and an XT. I tried a MR in my veihcle but there was no way that I would buy it for my vehicle. The sides of the MR are so high and the seat is up on the base, combined with the small doors of my compact car meant that it would have been almost impossible to get DD in with the seat outboard.

The RN65 used to be in my car. After about a year, the seat cushions became so compressed under baby's bum that the seat became too reclined, and DD is only 22ish pounds. It must be a combination of my vehicle and the carseat, but I did still have to go out and buy a new seat for my vehicle. :( The XT is still in use in DH's car.

I do like the headwings of the XT. They don't get in the way for loading/unloading, but they do support DD's head better when she falls asleep.

I do LOVE the Radian for traveling. At Christmas, we flew to visit my ILs, who have extra seats. I didn't need to bring a seat except for use on the plane. We brought the RN65 and I will never travel with anything else again. It was soooo easy compared to the baby bucket and ComfortSport.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I vote My Ride. Initially I disliked how high up it was compared to our TF, but that's what DD loves about it. She can see so much better now and she finds the seat so comfortable. She is a much happier camper riding in it than she ever was in the TF, she just didn't like being that low.

armywife12

My vote is for the Radian but I really do love our MyRide. The MyRide is easier to install and I think it is more user friendly overall. It fits nicely in more vehicles as well. I like how it is RF but I'm not a huge fan of it FF and my son has a lot less space in it while FF than he does when RF. He would probably outgrow the seat FF shortly after outgrowing RF and I think a lot of that has to do with how reclined it is while FF. I LOVE how the Radian sits on the seat and it makes it easier for my son to fold his legs or put them on the seat, although he never complained in the MyRide. He has at least 3 more inches of growing room above his head in the Radian than in the Myride and it allows me to get a 3 across in my vehicle lol. The upper RF weight limit is a plus for the heavier children as well and my son might need that weight limit since he is now 37lbs with clothes, shoes and a sweater. For how much longer the Radian will last, it has my vote.

AtTheSouthDam

Get one of each :p
I like the RN better but DD2 prefers the MR so the RN has become the back up seat. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

simplychels

I see you have both seats I am considering....care to tell me more reason why the RN over the MR?

I am leaning towards the Radian quite a bit at this point.

I also have both seats your considering. I much prefer my radian to my MR, though the MR is nice (and very easy to install), I dont like using it as an everyday seat.

It has quite a short shell, pretty much the exact same as the MA, and so you're going to get much more use out of the RN. I dont like that the top half of the MR seems flimsy, the RN is sturdy all the way around. and though I realize its not a safety issue, it just bothers me to lean on a seat and have it give and bend a little.

I also quite enjoy the rf'ing tether on the RN.

another thing that I've recently discovered with my MR that drives me bonkers is the adjuster seems to get buried in my seat back (I have it rf'ing). the more upright I try to get the MR the worse it gets and im sick of jamming my fingers when its cold outside just to release the adjuster

The RN offers more leg room then the MR in my vehicle. I also find the MR crotch strap to sit pretty far away from the child, and go up really high. That makes it so the shoulder part of the harness is sometimes hard to get onto the child and team that up with an adjuster thats buried, I get kind of cranky some mornings.

2BunniesMommy

Someone close to me with a Radian....that makes me laugh. I have seen 1 Radian in town. I was so excited, except it was ffing. Then I saw them put a kid that may have been barely one in it, maybe not even. That made me very sad. Any major town is at least 2 hours away, any likely to have a Radian is at least 3.

Good news is....I just ordered one!!!! I hope diapers.com ships it fast!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC