Question Convertible for Grandma's car

U

Unregistered

I am deciding on a convertible carseat for my mom's car. The ones I am considering are the Cosco Scenera, Evenflo Titan Sport and Tribute. They are all similar in price and harness height, but which one will take up the least room (front to back) RF in the car? I wanted her to get a Triumph Advance like mine but she thought it looked too big (also it is more $$). We have a Scenera for our 2nd car and it looks smaller but how does it compare regarding installed size to the Titan and Tribute? We don't have either of our seats installed yet, DD is still using infant carrier. She is 8 months, approx 16 lb now so it will be a couple months before we make the switch. She's 25th percentile on weight and 50th on height, so the FF weight limits aren't so much a factor.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd go with the Scenera. The Tribute I believe has a 30 pound rear facing limit, the Scenera and Titan have 35. The Titan has a shorter shell, so the Scenera will last longer rear facing. It also installs quite upright without a noodle or towel, so it would take up the least amount of space front to back, probably.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

The Tribute is also 35 lb RF.

If the Titan has a shorter shell, that would lead me to believe it would be shorter installed, why not? Also, the Titan has a harness height of 15.5 inches which is 1" taller than the Scenera. Even with that factored in, the Scenera will still last longer?

Thanks!

U

Unregistered

OK, the item description on Amazon is 35 lb.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Tribute-Convertible-Seat-Richmond/dp/B002VUCB6S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1266351384&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Evenflo Tribute 5 Convertible Car Seat, Richmond: Baby[/ame]
They are calling it the "Tribute 5" though, maybe it's a different seat? Couldn't find a Tribute 5 on Evenflo's website.

Thanks for the info on the Titan's measurement mystery. Is that true for the ETA as well? Hope not since that's what I already have. I agree the Titan is a nicer seat, I was hoping you guys would say it's a shorter install than the Scenera so I could get it :) I just don't get how it can be shorter yet take up more room?? Due to the recline?? My mom would really prefer the shortest install possible.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I bet it's a typo :/.

The 5 is a vestigial remnant of their old seat names, the 1 had an overhead shield, the 5 had a 5 point harness, now that all the shields are gone, the 5 isn't necessary, but it's hanging on in the name anyway.

U

Unregistered

OK thanks for the info :) It really stinks that you can't trust the item descriptions. Same thing as to the harness measurements on carseatdata.org. The Triumph is listed as 15.5" also, but I think I have read on here that it's actually 17"??

Does anyone have any experience with the Titan vs. Scenera install? Right now I'm planning on getting another Scenera this weekend, but just curious.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Triumph ADVANCE is 17.5" or so. The old Triumphs are 15.5". No error on the part of the page.

No comment on the ease of installation. Sceneras are pretty easy, and I haven't done enough Titans to comment.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC