Question GN backless bb

mburks26

No Im not using it now and will not until the Vivo expires dd will be 8 and half. Is there any reason not to use it, if it fits? It will expire when dd is 12 and half will it fit bigger kids? She will be 5 in June and last yr check up she was 43lbs 42 inches or the other way around. She is on the top slot of the harness.

ADS

Maedze

No reason not to use it. It makes a very nice booster.

Your dd must be very tall torsoed. My DS is barely in the top slots at 47"

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If it fits it's fine. It's not the widest booster internally, which is why it's liked for petite kids, so I don't know if your average 12 year old will fit, but most 12 year olds pass the five step test. A petite 12 year old who needs a booster may still fit.

Wendy

mburks26

I moved them up a about 3 months ago. I dont think she does her 5t shirts still fit in length the size 6 are too long.
She has a small bottom, Just trying to deside if I should sell the GN when she out grows the harness or not. I cant use it in booster mode anyway its too tall for my car. I have to get another Vivo anyway when she outgrows the harness.

Kat_Momof3

that booster is deceptively wide... I remember when we got it, Damian already passed the 5-step test, but he fit in that booster, while he'd gotten too wide a couple years earlier for the Turbo...

anyway, I'd definitely use it... there's one thing we all agree Graco can do... make a good booster.

When Ruthie was about to outgrow the Nautilus, I actually considered putting her in Jeffrey's Monterey and him in the Backless Nauti.. it's so nice and thin in the back, it offers amazing grow room as a backless.

But she didn't fit the Monterey well enough for me... so then I considered using it as a booster... but she doesn't sleep well in it, AND I remembered my niece could use it (especially now that she's pg with baby #3... she'll be able to use the infant seat I bought her when she had her first, as her oldest is only 3yrs old, then the scenera for the new baby... and her two girls will still have safe seats... the bolero I gave her and now the Nautilus (I wish she'd rearfaced them longer, but since she had made her choice, I passed down seats I knew she'd easily use properly))

Anyway... had it not been for poor fit in the Monterey and my niece having such a use for a harnessed seat, I would have used it as a booster if Ruthie slept comfortably in it (she's such a head flopper that in booster mode, she'd not stay up straight (I tested her in it at night))... she sleeps perfectly in her Vivo.

mburks26

I will probley keep it then. I just measured dd and her torso is more then 15 and less 17 couldnt really get a good reading and height is betwen 45 and 47 inches over all. I was so hopeing to keep her harness til closer to 7.

christineka

When she does outgrow the seat, I would then figure out if I could sell the seat for more than I could buy a decent backless booster.

mburks26

She loves the cup holder and the cubbys anyway. I also thought about while she still fits in the Vivo keeping the backless next to it for her to have a cup holder since the Vivo doesn't have one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC