MR vs CA vs GN

scoutingbear

While at BRU trading in our icky, gross, missing straps and cover old highchair, I drug my family to the carseat section. I used C (stats in siggy) as my guinea pig to try out the MR and CA on the test bench. He has a bit of growing room left in the CA (about as much as his GN) but has completely grown out of the MR.

DSCN3834.jpg

This is his normal ride in dh's car. He is on the second to top slots.

DSCN3827.jpg

Set on the highest setting. Ignore the hiked up shoulders. Smile aside, he wasn't exactly a willing participant in this little adventure and I was bribing him off camera.

DSCN3829.jpg

You can see that the harness slot is well below his shoulders here.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

he's a gorgeous child!

it's hard to tell how much room he has in the CA... but wow he's definitely outgrown the MR... I dare any child to try to outgrow that one by their ears.

scoutingbear

In the CA he is on the 2nd to last click of the headrest to fit him well (although not for long!) I was shocked by how low the harness slots were on the MR. I was hoping he'd be able to use the one our friend's just bought for their foster babies when he was up there so I wouldn't always have to switch out seats.

MomToEliEm

Are you sure you saw the last harness slot on the nautilus? If it often hidden under the headrest. In the carseats measurement/data spreadsheets, I show 17" for the top slot on the complete air, but 18.25" for the nautilus. Of course each child can fit in the seat differently causing the actual growing room to be different, but that does seem like a big difference, and maybe there was an extra slot you weren't seeing.

scoutingbear

Uh, we have the GN (4 to be exact). He is on the 2nd to top slots of it (see picture #1). It was the MR I was shocked by the low harness slots in. :D Lots of growing room in the GN (maybe not time as he doesn't stop growing torso, but lots of room for today at least!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC