Would you pay $70 for this Scenera pattern?

ADS

Shaunam

It's cute, but no, not unless they added foam to it or raised the top slot height. There's plenty of other cute girly patterns.

Irishmama

Ok, I just e-mailed them because curiosity got the better of me. I asked if there were any changes made to the seat that reflected the higher price, such as EPS foam, taller top slots or increased rear-facing weight limits (I know, I can dream.) I also threw in there that I'd always avoided the Scenera in the past due to the lack of EPS foam, especially since there are other seats in that price range that have EPS foam. (I know not all the other seats are comparable in accommodating kids as long as the Scenera, but I didn't mention that ;) ) So, hint, hint, Dorel. LOL.

I'll post when I get a response. :D

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I wouldn't pay more than $45, and that's for a pattern I REALLY like. (I just got an orange one at the BRU trade in, for $41 plus tax. The cover is way more padded than my previous ones-- the list price is $60.)

Evolily

that cover looks plush. Not sure if it's really plush or not, but it definitely looks very plush.

If they threw some EPS/EPP foam on it, I'd buy it. Otherwise, eh... no.

northernmommy

and I'm sitting here going "$70 for a Scenera? That's a deal on one up here!" lol
I'm envious of you guys when you talk about being able to pick up $35 seats for spares or to give away :(

babyherder

Um, NO! $70 for what, exactly???? That cover's not going to keep a kid any safer than any other cover. If I won the lottery then sure, whatever. Until then any extra money I have is going to pay for EPS foam. Not that a scenera is unsafe. I just think seats with foam are probably safer.

sceneras are great seats for parents on a budget, esp erfing parents.. that is all.... I have owned two, when things were tight and they did the job.. but I would NEVER spend more than the 45 bucks I did for them.. and you can so find them cheaper than that!
I think the one that is 39 bucks at k mart is super cute for a girl, that is my favorite pattern.

christineka

You can buy an avenue with a taller shell, taller top slots, and eps foam for $70. No way no how would I waste my money on a scenera for more than $45.

Well I'm sure they'll sell them at that price to people who buy seats depending on which cover they like and just want to spend less than $100, are in a hurry or know no better/don't even know what they are buying... :twocents:

I had to talk to this lady at JCpenny as she was ordering an entire Graco set for her soon to arrive grandson at the catalog counter...have YOU SEEN their prices on Graco products?!?!?!?!? :eek::confused:

Here's what she was about to buy- a Milan MetroLite @ $259, a Milan SnugRide22 at $239, a Milan Pack N' Play @ $289 and the matching High chair for $179! Those prices are literally DOUBLE what they should be and what Albee has them for, it shouldn't be legal! They have a small sale online on those items right now I see but even on sale some of those items are like $100 more than any other store! I just checked Albee and they have the Milan Pack N' Play for $139... You can get a Quattro Tou Duo for $169 and JCPenny charges $359 :eek::thumbsdown:

I couldn't help but notice what she was ordering as she had a list/registry paper and just politely asked if she ever shopped online...I sent her to Albeebaby.com as it was the first website I thought of that you can buy all that gear from at good prices...she just went straight to JCPenny because a friend of hers buys all their grandkids gear/clothes from there and she thought JCPenny always had the best prices!:eek: ... Sorry Penny's but you don't deserve to sell a damn Graco product at those prices and I was not about to watch this grandmother blow hundreds of dollars :thumbsdown:

Kat_Momof3

no, and I did use a scenera for Ruthie... but even though a pink seat would have been cute... I wouldn't have paid that much for a scenera... and it's not like it's even the only pink one out right now... lol... so if I were buying one today, I'd look for the best deal... and worry about color after I found the price I wanted.

a_js

Dear god no.
I'd buy a scenera as a backup seat if I found one of the $29.99 sale ones.. maybe.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I bet they sell a couple dozen at that price, then the price'll go down. Like the Complete Air was only $249 for the first month or so, then it tumbled to to 219 and even 199 for one of them (and at other stores now, there's that fancy one for $279, I bet it won't be that high for long...)
Sears has a super cute pink Scenera for $44 :love:

o_mom

I just opened my Meijer ad for the week.... guess what's in there?

Exact same pattern for $45 this week, regularly $50.

Irishmama

I just opened my Meijer ad for the week.... guess what's in there?

Exact same pattern for $45 this week, regularly $50.

LOL, that's too funny.

When are they going to add EPS foam? Isn't that the last seat on the market without it? The Titan has EPS foam now, so I think the Scenera is the last? I've e-mailed them a couple of times about it. I agree, not that the lack of foam makes it unsafe, but adding it would put it on a level playing field with all the other seats that have it and would add another level of safety. It can't be that expensive to add. I just don't get it. :scratcheshead:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC