Switching MA LATCH connectors???

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Okay, I was just wondering how to tell if I need to switch the LATCH connector? Do they go one way for rf and then switch them to go the other way for ff :confused: Or how do you know if you need to switch them?

Is there any other reasons for needing to switch the LATCH connectors?

The manual shows how to switch the LATCH Connectors but I can't see anywhere where it says why :confused:

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Okay I am talking about the connector on the carseat itself, the part that hooks onto the LATCH.

I am wondering if on the MA if there is a "top" or "bottom" on the connector? Or if it matters? I know in the manual it says I can switch them but why would I need to switch them? Is there a reason? Does it matter?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
The reason why is that it comes from the factory for RF. When you turn the seat around, then the hook will go in upside down, or you will have to twist the strap to get it to be rightside up. So by switching it to the other side, then the hooks are oriented the right way without having the strap twisted. Make sense? If not, I can get a picture for you but you should notice it on your own seat. Does this help any?

Last edited:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
The correct way is for the big, thick part to be on the top - kind of like the head of mahi mahi - LOL! That image just came to me as I was trying to think of an analogy...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The correct way is for the big, thick part to be on the top - kind of like the head of mahi mahi - LOL! That image just came to me as I was trying to think of an analogy...

LOL, you're so oceanated :D (Is that a word?) What kind of fish has a huge underbite? Like some sort of Wrasse? that's the flip side.

lovinwaves

So, can the skinny part ever be on top? Because in my husbands Passat it is hard to get the Latch head in his seat. It would be easier if I could flip the latch head upside down. Would that be ok?

LuvBug

you would have to call britax.
I would think just like why they want you to clamp the hook facing down with regular latch, there is a reason this latch hook needs to be down as well.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Thanks everyone for your replies!

I thought there was a way for rf and another way for ff, I just couldn't find it in the manual.

Thanks again

LuvBug

its somewhere towards the very end I believe.

ETA nevermind, it appears to be on page 21. My MA was from 03 and I remembered it being near the part about the crotch buckle removal and such lol! There is a lot more info in the new manuals than the old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC