Cocorro?

purplemama

Okay, so my XTSL was really getting on my nerves yesterday. I'm mad at it so I'm not using it right now. I was going to use it for a baby when we have another but now I'm not so sure.

When we have a baby, the back seat will be: DS1 (12 when baby comes hopefully) behind driver, baby in center, DS2 (3 when baby comes hopefully) behind passenger. I drive a Trailblazer so the center is very narrow. The XTSL fits there fine, I haven't tried the MA next to it yet but I will when it warms up outside. So for the narrow center I know my options are very limited.

How does a cocorro puzzle next to an MA? I've heard that the cocorro is very narrow like the RNs. I know the cocorro would be outgrown faster than alot of seats. But my DS2 is really tiny so there is a chance the next baby will be too.

Please tell me everthing I need to know about a Cocorro. Does it have a continuous harness (I hate those). How is the harness adjuster? Will it fit where only a Radian can go? What is the fabric like?

ADS

Evolily

Why are you mad at the RN? Maybe someone here could help you, or you could see a tech from the board with RN experience?

The Coccoro is a good infant seat alternative- it lasts a little bit longer than the higher weight infants seats. Unless you have a real munchkin you'll probably need another seat to RF with, though.

purplemama

My issues with my XTSL are nothing anyone can help me with. I just don't like it much :(. I was having trouble adjusting the harness yesterday. Darn thing just would not tighten. I finally got it but we were in a hurry and I just got really po'd at the darn thing.

I'm pretty irritated at the fact that the Radian is my only option for the center of my vehicle. When a new baby comes my DS2 will still be RFing. I cannot have my DS1 sit in the middle. There is no headrest there and he couldn't get there with a RF seat on both sides outboard anyway. I like the look of the Cocorro but looking at the Combi website yikes that thing is tiny. MY DS2 is barely on the second slots of the MA and barely at the 3rd in the XTSL at 27 months (wears 18 month pants and 24 month-2T shirts). So if hypothetical baby is like him I maybe I could get away with a Cocorro. I wish the Cocorro was just a little taller.

Oh, and a new vehicle is out of the question financially. I would have to go back full time and then we couldn't have a baby.

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I really like our cocorro. I bought it for my 13 month old dd to fit in the middle of a crv. It fit perfect between a booster & RFing fpsvd. She'll probably outgrow it at 2-2.5yrs. We were able to buy a bigger vehicle and I still use it. :)

I think the cocorro will be a good choice for you. When the baby outgrows the cocorro, you're ds2 will probably be old enough to go FFing. So you could pass down his seat to the baby and buy him a new FFing only seat.

You're not the only one who got irritated with the radian. I liked it FFing, but not RFing. I sold mine.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I like our Coccoro too. It works out well for us in our van since I have to slide the seat up to get the boys in and out and since it's so small it's perfect! It'll last I bet till Olivia is at lest 2 and then we'll move her to something else.

scoutingbear

Hope you don't mind if I tack a Coccoro question on to here...

Width wide, is the coccoro narrower than the Radian?

Laurette

The Coccoro is only an inch narrower than the RN, but the RN is much more low profile than the Coccoro. The RN may fit in places that the CCO won't.

I LOVE My Coccoro. The harness is NOT continous and the webbing is very thick, high quality. The adjuster is buttery smooth and the lever is very easy to reach.

Since the Coccoro is narrow like the Radian, it should fit in the same spots but you will just have to try. The good thing about the CCO is that there is no foot, like the RFing boot on the RN, to get in the way of any internal stuff going on. For example, in my vehicle that has a 70/30 split there are metal components that get in the way down in the seat bight. Not a problem with the CCO.

The fabric is nice and soft, but I just washed my cover and it did get snagged up. That I am a little dissapointed about.

skipspin

Could you put the 3 yr old in the center in the Radian and the baby outboard in to Cocorro? You should have plenty of room that way and it will probably be much easier to get baby in and out. The 3 year old would fit in the Radian longer than your Marathon too. My DD has lasted in her Radian more than 2 years after she outgrew the Marathon.

I had my #3 in the middle for a while (to try to eliminate the oler kids fighting) and it was a pain. I had to climb in the vehicle to set him in and get him out, which meant over the other seats.

I love my Cocorro and have short kids. My almost 3 year old still fits rear-facing in the Cocorro. Not a lot of leg room and he normally rides in the Radian, but it's neat that he does fit.

Kat_Momof3

you know, I'd also be tempted to put the Radian with the coccorro instead of the Marathon... the Radian should be easier to adjust rf, because you can grab the splitter plate and all that.... and easier to adjust outboard because you can reach it more easily.

I LOVE the coccorro and I'd say your 12yr old could probably learn quite quickly to buckle and tighten baby himself from his seat... and you just check his work... it's THAT easy of a seat... I really loved it when I got to play with my friend's son in his...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC