Tristan/Tristen pics

Splash

How can you not know how you want to spell the kid's name by the fifth day?

AJ says he looks like a turtle.

385921250_a5aa612792.jpg

385920793_a5f81014c7.jpg

385921599_3e6e8eae19.jpg

I will not post car seat pictures, as the shock might kill you all.

He slept with AJ last night and will again tonight. They did CIO* with Zach from birth, and intend to do it with this baby, but AJ's not having it on her watch!

*Uh, no, not CIO. They did "put baby in crib at 7 pm, do not tend to baby until 7 am, even to feed or change the baby's diaper. Which is why Zach was in the hospital again for dehydration/hypoglycemia within two weeks and Jess gave the "I didn't know I had to feed him overnight" excuse to get off.

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I guess bundled in that blanket in the first photo he does look like a turtle!!! I can't believe they would leave a newborn in a crib for 12 hours and not tend to him...:eek: Nolan slept with us starting the day we came home from the hospital - we never owned a crib.

So who are the players here? AJ fits in how...? Just trying to get the full picture ;)

Splash

AJ is my partner/wife, and Jessica is her younger sister. They're living in Savannah (GA) right now, and we live outside Tampa. AJ and her parents went up there yesterday to see him, and her mom is staying the week.

Charlie has always slept with us as well. We do have a crib that was given to us. It makes a great spot to throw all the clean laundry when I don't want to fold it! Right now it is beside our bed and he uses it as his tower to throw things on the dogs' heads.

Oh, and we're big boaters. I know you are too, so I figured I would throw it in there. I grew up primarily on a boat, and my dad told me a few weeks ago that as soon as Charlie was able, he was going to pay for him to take sailing lessons. It was likely the most elitist moment of my life. I realize that it's a skill he should have, but something about my dad saying he wanted it and was going to pay for it just threw me for a loop.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Okay, got it now! Thanks for all the explanations and family dynamics...

Yes, sailing is great! I actually grew up with a powerboat in the family, but DH grew up sailing with his grandfather. I wasn't much of a sailor until we took our trip. I think somewhere in the Bahamas, heading to Nassau from the Berry Islands in the middle of nowhere, when DH was down in the engine room, lying across the hot engine in his wetsuit so he wouldn't get burned while trying to patch a fuel line and stop diesel from squirting everywhere, and I was left alone to raise/set the sails alone is the first time I felt like I *might* know something about sailing - LOL!

We do love it but we have our boat for sale right now... :( Hopefully Belisana will find wonderful new owners - and we'll get our savings back :p

Sorry - don't want to hijack your thread - :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
"put baby in crib at 7 pm, do not tend to baby until 7 am, even to feed or change the baby's diaper. Which is why Zach was in the hospital again for dehydration/hypoglycemia within two weeks and Jess gave the "I didn't know I had to feed him overnight" excuse

OMG -- she needs a 2X4 slammed into her head! :eek: :mad: :(

*DEEP BREATHS*

Tristan/Tristen is very turtlishly cute, though :) Have fun with him while you're in charge :eek: ;)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
He is cute, I feel bad for him! I'm glad AJ is there. :) Yeck, I don't even leave my 3yo unattended for 12 hrs. On a side note, my parents are in Savannah tonight too. :)

LuvBug

"put baby in crib at 7 pm, do not tend to baby until 7 am, even to feed or change the baby's diaper. Which is why Zach was in the hospital again for dehydration/hypoglycemia within two weeks and Jess gave the "I didn't know I had to feed him overnight" excuse
ugh that sounds very much like a parent of a child we use to babysit. They used the ferber method(I think that is how its spelled?) and she was so pitiful!

beebear23

Senior Community Member
He's gorgeous.. My heart is breaking and my arms are aching... Bring him to me, I'll be good to him....

Yes, I desperatly want a baby....

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Hey, I always wanted a turtle!

LOL

He's adorable, and I'm getting major baby fever. Dh says we can't TTC until we have a king size bed - ds2 takes up 1/2 our queen bed! :D

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
ugh that sounds very much like a parent of a child we use to babysit. They used the ferber method(I think that is how its spelled?) and she was so pitiful!

My sister used (modified) Ferber with her daughter, but it wasn't bad. They didn't start using it until the baby was about 8-9 months old. They would put her her down at night and first waited one minute, then two minutes, then three, and so on. For all three of them (sister, BIL, baby), it seemed to have worked well. The baby never had to cry more than about three-four minutes.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Splash,

He is a cutie! :)

I'm so glad A.J. is there to help ease him into the world! Otherwise, he could have a rough transition! :(

LuvBug

hm I went back and read what the ferber method is supposedly and that wasnt it. What was that other method? or maybe what are all the methods? lol! We never did any method, so I only know the surface of them.
they would feed her at exact time incriments with exact amounts and once she was in the bed leave her until it was morning time no matter how hard she cried. We kept her older brother, who was only 3, and he would tell us about going into her room at night because she cried and trying to make her happy... or getting in the bed with her and trying to hold her so she wouldnt be sad... very sad and extreme. She was a miserable baby as well, she would scream if you put her down, scream if you tried to feed her(and shed hardly eat), scream if you held her the wrong way. And I dont mean a little scream, shed scream bloody murder until you could figure out something to help. Once she started walking though... she was better, could finally control some of the stuff she want/needed, I suppose.

Anyway sorry to hijack the thread.

broken4u05

Babies cry if not feed at least every few hours. Does she just not hear him crying? That is really sad. The twins i watch sleep about 11 hours a night but they sleep all the way through without crying. I have never seen a baby to sleep 12 hours at a time

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Splash,

I was thinking about what you said regarding your dad wanting to teach Charlie to sail when he's older. DH's grandfather taught him to sail as a child and took him on trips as a teenager... They have a wonderful bond b/c of that and everytime we get on our boat, DH never fails to mention something that his grandfather taught him about sailing. I think that's wonderful about your dad and Charlie :)

Maria

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
hm I went back and read what the ferber method is supposedly and that wasnt it. What was that other method? or maybe what are all the methods? lol! We never did any method, so I only know the surface of them.
they would feed her at exact time incriments with exact amounts and once she was in the bed leave her until it was morning time no matter how hard she cried. We kept her older brother, who was only 3, and he would tell us about going into her room at night because she cried and trying to make her happy... or getting in the bed with her and trying to hold her so she wouldnt be sad... very sad and extreme. She was a miserable baby as well, she would scream if you put her down, scream if you tried to feed her(and shed hardly eat), scream if you held her the wrong way. And I dont mean a little scream, shed scream bloody murder until you could figure out something to help. Once she started walking though... she was better, could finally control some of the stuff she want/needed, I suppose.

Anyway sorry to hijack the thread.

I used to take care of a little boy whose parents believed in that. He was to be fed at EXACTLY 6:00, 9:00, 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00. If he was sleeping, we were to wake him. He was to be fed EXACTLY 4 ounces. If he didn't drink it all, we were supposed to try other methods to get the four ounces in him. That was weird. If he was still hungry after the four ounces, he was not allowed to have more. Once he started on cereal (on his six month birthday), he was allowed to have exactly one tablespoon (his mom measured it out exactly).

His naps were to be exactly 1 hour long. If he did not fall asleep right away, it didn't matter. We were still supposed to wake him at the designated time. Believe me, that did not make for a happy baby! It was SO regimented that it seemed crazy to me, but I didn't feel it was my place to say anything to the parents. Now that I am older, I think I would have! :p :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC