Generations 65 thoughts & Pictures!!!

Mommy2Marcus

So...I am really liking this seat. I even thought for a minute about just buying 2 of them. However being the car seat nerd I am, I just HAD to have 2 different seats! :whistle: So....here are my thoughts on the seat & some pictures of it installed & of Marcus in it!

First off, I LOVE how low to the vehicle seat that this car seat is. It will make it MUCH easier on my MIL. I just could NOT get over just how close the the seat this one sits. It seems to have good top slots. I got right at 16", like right AT a hair under. It fit Marcus really well to. I also found it really easy to install the seat. I had it fully installed in less than 2 minutes. Deffinatly a nice budget seat that I would fully reccomend to anyone!

Here are the pictures of it installed in my 1997 Subaru Impreza. The model is 3 years 4 months old, weighs 35lbs & is about 39ish inches tall with a 14 inch torso! If anyone wants anymore, just let me know. I will try to get them tomorrow when it is daylight.
022-2.jpg

Look how LOW it sits on the seat! I LOVE that.
023-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

Marcus' fit. I like it!
025.jpg

Strap Height (2nd slot with about 1 inch before he becomes even with it)
026.jpg

027.jpg

Another one with him in it to show how low it sits.
028.jpg

GREAT seat!

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I think for the majority of parents, who ARE going to have their 1, 2, 3 year old FFing anyway, or the lucky parent with an older child who still fits in it, like yours, it's an okay seat, and cheap. Low slots though, for those of us not graced with a small-torsoed child, and pretty useless for a parent who maxes out Rearfacing in the larger seats on the market.

babygirlsmom1005

I got one for Madeline (4+ years old) at BRU on clearance and then used 25% trade in coupon. I do like the seat and she has a good amount of room to go in it.

ETA: if I was going to have to pay full price for it, I wouldn't of gotten it and would have jumped on the Evenflo Maestro instead.

2BunniesMommy

I got DD1 Thursday for MIL's car. I finally got to play with it an hour or so ago. DD1 fits great in it, about the same as Marcus actually, 2nd slot with about an inch to grow there. Only thing I don't like is that the pillow needs to be removed unless on the first slot. I get that for the insert, but was disappointed that was the rule for the pillow also. DD1, 16 mo old, is on the 2nd slot if the insert is in, 1st if it is out. (No, I would not let her ride in it or ffing at all, but I had to try her in it just to see how small a kid would have to be to meet the requirement...smaller than her I see)

Did you install it reclined or upright? Since Libby was 37 lbs last time I checked, I am just going to teach MIL to do it upright so I don't have to teach her something else in 3lbs..whenever that happens, and worry about confusing her. Libby just goes around town with her, never any long drives or anything so no need for her to be able to sleep or anything. Libby can buckle it herself, so that will be a plus for MIL, she will just have to tighten her up once she is in and adjust the chest clip. I did need to move the crotch strap out, boy was that easy! So much easier than the GN, which I could not do and DH had a really hard time with also.

I am sure it will fit Libby until I am ready, and she is ready, to start riding in a booster with Grammy. She will still be harnessed in her GN and FN with us at that point. If this is a good fit as a booster for her at that point, great, if not we will get a TB for Grammy's car.

So far I like it too, but still no install.

Mommy2Marcus

I got DD1 Thursday for MIL's car. I finally got to play with it an hour or so ago. DD1 fits great in it, about the same as Marcus actually, 2nd slot with about an inch to grow there. Only thing I don't like is that the pillow needs to be removed unless on the first slot. I get that for the insert, but was disappointed that was the rule for the pillow also. DD1, 16 mo old, is on the 2nd slot if the insert is in, 1st if it is out. (No, I would not let her ride in it or ffing at all, but I had to try her in it just to see how small a kid would have to be to meet the requirement...smaller than her I see)

Did you install it reclined or upright? Since Libby was 37 lbs last time I checked, I am just going to teach MIL to do it upright so I don't have to teach her something else in 3lbs..whenever that happens, and worry about confusing her. Libby just goes around town with her, never any long drives or anything so no need for her to be able to sleep or anything. Libby can buckle it herself, so that will be a plus for MIL, she will just have to tighten her up once she is in and adjust the chest clip. I did need to move the crotch strap out, boy was that easy! So much easier than the GN, which I could not do and DH had a really hard time with also.

I am sure it will fit Libby until I am ready, and she is ready, to start riding in a booster with Grammy. She will still be harnessed in her GN and FN with us at that point. If this is a good fit as a booster for her at that point, great, if not we will get a TB for Grammy's car.

So far I like it too, but still no install.

I installed it upright & didn't try the recline. I need to move the crotch strap out also, but didn't notice it untill it was installed. I just changed it...WOW, that was SUPER easy! LOL! I had to move the Nautilus' as well & had a hard time with it. What a PITA!

As for the pillow, I usually take them off anyhow as Marcus generally does not like them. It will also set others up for misuse as you know everyone likes pillows & cushions.

I to am pretty sure that this will last Marcus untill I am ready to start booster training him for my MIL's car. I will start around the time he is 6 & use this if it is a good fit, if not a TB for me as well.

All in all, it is a really good seat for the price point. I am glad that I bought it. I hope that my MIL likes it to.

2BunniesMommy

I don't even know if Libby would like it with the pillow, I just like how it looks better. She loves the soft parts and calls them so warm and is perfectly happy without the pillow.

babygirlsmom1005

Got mine installed.....Madeline is 4 years & 4 months old, 36 lbs and 41 inches (I don't remember her torso height right now but you can see, she has a touch more than a inch before even with the top slots - and since all she does is grow legs....it'll be awhile). This is the first seat we've been able to install in the back of DH's truck (1990 Chevrolet Silverado X-Cab).

IMG_6658.jpg

IMG_6656.jpg

IMG_6655.jpg

ginny4

does the generations adjust similar to the EFTA knobs? if it does it looks like it will do a number on the vehicles seat. yikes. is that a problem for you?

babygirlsmom1005

does the generations adjust similar to the EFTA knobs? if it does it looks like it will do a number on the vehicles seat. yikes. is that a problem for you?

I adjusted it while she was sitting in it and didn't have any issue - what type of number would it do to the seats? (I have never played with a EFTA so I'm :confused:)

ginny4

marcie i was referring to the OP mostly with the knob possibly causing damage to the seat. your seat is different on the way they sits on the seat. it kinda overhangs & has more room for movement as it turns.
i know some have had problems with the EFTA knobs digging into the seat (especially RFing) & when you loosen & tighten the harness it rubs the seat raw & possibly overtime make a hole in the material. some folks may not care but other do. thats why i mentioned it

babygirlsmom1005

marcie i was referring to the OP mostly with the knob possibly causing damage to the seat. your seat is different on the way they sits on the seat. it kinda overhangs & has more room for movement as it turns.
i know some have had problems with the EFTA knobs digging into the seat (especially RFing) & when you loosen & tighten the harness it rubs the seat raw & possibly overtime make a hole in the material. some folks may not care but other do. thats why i mentioned it

Got ya :D (I was like uh-oh - DH does care about things like that - old vehicle or not)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The sticky-out part of the dial sticks forward, so it won't mess up seats the way a rearfacing Triumph's knobs do (They can dig into cloth seats and actually rip the upholstery...)

Eta, lol, whoops, didn't mean to be a buttinski.. <blush>

Mommy2Marcus

It is the twist knobs like the EFTA, which I LOVED! And while they do sit closer to the seat & look like they're digging in, I however did not notice any problem when I was tighening the harness at all. It was a smooth rotation. It might over time, but I dout it. I might have to reinstall it tomorrow, if it is not raining or snowing, to see again.

The sticky-out part of the dial sticks forward, so it won't mess up seats the way a rearfacing Triumph's knobs do (They can dig into cloth seats and actually rip the upholstery...)

Eta, lol, whoops, didn't mean to be a buttinski.. <blush>

It's ok. I was at work so not here to answer.

Kat_Momof3

I don't know what it was... yesterday, both IE and google chrome were back and forth on displaying pics... but today... they're showing them all... I didn't realize it was a problem with the computer as so many other pics did fine... until I saw you say this on your other thread.

SIGH...

Marcus is just PRECIOUS... Madeline is just gorgeous... and you guys both need to take "display only" pics of your kids testing it out in booster mode... see if it does as iffy as the 40lb limit Generations/Bolero did or if it's better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC