BRU Employees, grrr...

menfusse

What is up with these people? You would think with the huge selection of seats they sell, that they would at least try to have employees that know something about car seat safety. I have been wanting a safe seat 1. I am tired of the bundling and unbundeling. DD is just now too tall for our snugride. Its one of the older ones with the 20 lbs and 26 inch height limits. She is 28 inches tall, but she is just now slightly over the 1 inch of hard shell limit. So, anyway, I was thinking of getting a safe seat to finish out the winter and wanted to actually put her in one to see how much more room she would truly have. The BRU lady did not want to sell me a safe seat for my 17 lbs, 28 inch kid because...get this...her feet touched the back of the seat in the car :eek: ! I was like, uh...no. That doesn't have anything to do with it. She only needs to have 1 inch of hard shell abover her head and as you can see she has several inches. It doesn't matter if her feet touch. Then she obviously got all flustered and started spouting off about how they are doing studies now about broken legs or something. I was just like whatever. I had a screaming toddler and a whiney 5 year old so I didn't want to argue with her.

Anyway, needless to say that DD would have tons of time left in one. Now if I can just come up with the money, we will be set!

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It is frustrating, I was there today. I saw way too many AOEs walk out the door for my liking...b/c that's all the salespeople sold!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
At our seatcheck on Friday, a new BRU employee came by. She had gotten a convertible b/c her daughter was 14 months and too big for the infant carrier so she said it was time to turn her around. We explained that she should keep her rearfacing and could do that with the convertible. She said that her fellow employees at BRU had told her that her daughter would get broken kneecaps if she was in an accident... :rolleyes: .... But after the fire chief told her that was absolutely not true but that alot of people do believe that, she gladly let us turn it around RF. I hope she spreads the word to her coworkers...

broken4u05

I was at Great Beginnings and the same thing happened. It was my small goddaughter and her feet touched. The guy i was really liking saying all the right things like the fact that they should not have jackets or even the bundle me things and when i said that karina could still fit and put him in he said no because her feet touched and when the seat roles up it will brake her legs. I than asked about extended RFing than how the legs hit and he said it is only good for Britax seats because of the RF teether. I was shocked. To him the only seats you can do the extended RFing in is Britax and the radian.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The BRU lady did not want to sell me a safe seat for my 17 lbs, 28 inch kid because...get this...her feet touched the back of the seat in the car

:mad: :mad: I have had SO many BRU employees say this same thing that I am getting QUITE angry. This is ridiculous! According to the manager at one of my local BRUs, the employees are not allowed to be CPSTs (okay....), but that does NOT mean they can't be educated!

Then she obviously got all flustered and started spouting off about how they are doing studies now about broken legs or something.

:mad: :mad: I am afraid that BRU is teaching some of its employees this. I had the exact same thing said to me at a BRU!

Thank goodness you know better than to listen to those wackos!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I was at Great Beginnings and the same thing happened. It was my small goddaughter and her feet touched. The guy i was really liking saying all the right things like the fact that they should not have jackets or even the bundle me things and when i said that karina could still fit and put him in he said no because her feet touched and when the seat roles up it will brake her legs. I than asked about extended RFing than how the legs hit and he said it is only good for Britax seats because of the RF teether. I was shocked. To him the only seats you can do the extended RFing in is Britax and the radian.

Yikes. That is scary that he believes that!!

cmm7

I actually had a really positive day yesterday! Some things I saw...

A mom was there with a baby in an infant seat (about 10 months maybe?) who's head was almost at the top of the seat and a child who was four. She was there to buy a booster for the little boy. An employee started asking about his age and weight. She said he was four and about 35 pounds. Immediately the employee went to the Evenflo Generations and said he could stay harnessed longer in that seat and then it made an OK booster. She insisted she wanted just a booster and he went to the Parkway and started telling her about that one but she was set on the Turbo so he took it down and showed her how it had to be adjusted and everything. She went to walk away and he asked if the baby was going into the boy's seat and she said, "No, she has plenty of time in this seat." The man explained that the baby was too big already and tried to convince her to buy the Britax Marathon but the woman thought it was stupid to spend that money... she left with an AOE, even though the employee said it wouldn't be the only seat she needed.

The same emplyee was helping two parents with a baby about one year old. They were looking at FF seats, but the man told them if they bought a convertible that the baby could RF longer (I'm guessing the baby was just getting out of an infant seat... and I'm betting he was too big for it). The parents were all impressed with the Boulevard and when they went to strap him in to try him in it with his coat on, the BRU employee said that they couldn't wear big coats in the car seats.

I was really impressed by this guy!!!!

JaRylan

A mom was there with a baby in an infant seat (about 10 months maybe?) who's head was almost at the top of the seat and a child who was four. She was there to buy a booster for the little boy. An employee started asking about his age and weight. She said he was four and about 35 pounds. Immediately the employee went to the Evenflo Generations and said he could stay harnessed longer in that seat and then it made an OK booster. She insisted she wanted just a booster and he went to the Parkway and started telling her about that one but she was set on the Turbo so he took it down and showed her how it had to be adjusted and everything. She went to walk away and he asked if the baby was going into the boy's seat and she said, "No, she has plenty of time in this seat." The man explained that the baby was too big already and tried to convince her to buy the Britax Marathon but the woman thought it was stupid to spend that money... she left with an AOE, even though the employee said it wouldn't be the only seat she needed.

The same emplyee was helping two parents with a baby about one year old. They were looking at FF seats, but the man told them if they bought a convertible that the baby could RF longer (I'm guessing the baby was just getting out of an infant seat... and I'm betting he was too big for it). The parents were all impressed with the Boulevard and when they went to strap him in to try him in it with his coat on, the BRU employee said that they couldn't wear big coats in the car seats.

Did you go over and shake his hand or give him a hug?;) That is awesome that he knew all the right stuff.

broken4u05

WOW he knew what he was talking about. The 2 guys i talk to most at Great Beginnings seem to than they say something i know is not right. One of them told me to put one of the seat mats down for a better instail. I wish they would teach everyone who sells seats more because what they say the parents the parents trust. and cars can become very harmful

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

Horray!!!!! That is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amaris

The BRU here really pushes the AOE too. I was looking at the safeseats to see what patterens they had available in the store (hoping to not have to pay shipping) and the lady starts talking to me about the AOE. I left the store and may go somewhere else to get my seat. I tried to tell her why that wasn't the only seat anyone would ever need but she acted like I didn't have a clue!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC