Come puzzle with me...

amyd

2 friends & I are planning a little trip on Monday & we'd like to travel in one vehicle if possible.

Here's the stats:

2004 (ish) Pontiac Montana with 2 bench seats so 6 rear positions.

3 adults

5 children:

3yo- 30lbs
2yo- 30lbs
22mo- 28lbs
19mo- 30lbs
5mo- 18lbs

The seats available:
30lbRFing MA
2- 30lbRFing/40FF AOE's
Radian XTSL
True Fit
Snugride (with or without base)

30lb RFing Scenera (possible available...would prefer not to have to use as it's not a readily accessible, but can access if necessary)

Right now, the 22mo & 5mo are RFing. 19mo FFing with his parents & RFing with me. I will FF the 22mo before the 19mo. The 3yo &/or 2yo can be RF or FF. Vehicle has 4 TAs (3 in middle row, 1 in 3rd). I'm in Canada so any FFing seats must be tethered.

Any child can sit in any seat (obviously only the 5mo will fit in the SR).
Thoughts?

ADS

skipspin

Back seat: RFing TF, RFing rn, RFing MA (3 yr old, 2 yr old, 22 mo old)
Center seat: Snugride, RF AIO, the poor adult that has to sit in back wherever they prefer. :p

Obviously, you could move the kids around a little with the seats this way.

I was thinking about trying one or two FFing, but then decided it will be much quieter AND harder for the kids to kick each other if all the 2ish-3 yr olds are facing the same way. Don't forget to take pictures.

amyd

Thanks! The only issue is that I have 3 kiddos who are 30lbs+ and only 2 seats that RF past 30 so someone will need to ride FF, I think.

amyd

So we all fit!! We tried a few configurations (and ended up not having access to the MA, which I think would have made things easier because of the base).

We ended up like this (pics to follow!):

2rd row (driver-passenger)

Snugride (5 mo)
FF AOE (3 yo)
RF TF (19 mo)

3rd row

Adult
RF Scenera (22 mo)
FF Radian (2 yo)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC