Friday was not so good...

Dillipop

It started out when I realized DH took the car with the base for the safeseat. Not a huge deal, I was able to install the seat without the base easily and securely, but still a pain. Then I realized as I was heading to the dr's for my annual, that the stroller was also in the car that DH took to work. So, I ended up taking DS in his seat to my appt.

When I picked up DS1 from his friend's house, I noticed the HUGE dent in my driver's side back door. Paint on the handle and the dent has to be a good 6 inches around and pushed in about an inch or so.

It happened sometime between 9 PM Wednesday and 11 AM Friday, parked on the street outside my house. There was no other way it could have happened. THe police say it was probably a moving van because of the height of the dent.

I am so annoyed that someone didn't even leave a note. How dishonest are people these days? That's really the part that ticks me off the most.

Thankfully, the base to the safeseat was not in the car, so I don't have to worry about replacing seats. The other seat was our Husky and definitely does not meet Britax's replacement policy, so we are good with seats.

Now we have to decide if we want to fix the dent or not and if we want to involve insurance or not.

Thanks for reading about my crappy day. Hope your Friday and weekend are much better than mine!

ADS

scatterbunny

Aw Shannon, what a crappy day! :( ((Hugs))

I agree, people are so thoughtless and all about themselves nowadays. It's really sad.

mominabigtruck

If it makes you feel any better someone took off my passenger side mirrror the other day on my car. I hate my car so much I was thinking about not even fixing it but it makes air come in the side and its annoying.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Oh awful! we had something simalar happen to our intrepid at the local (small town) mall w/o cameras, it has about a 6 inch round dent, we choose not to turn it in, got an estimate, it was about $400 and our deductable is 500 so wasn't worth it... but we also didn't fix it, it's just not worth it, we plan to fix it next year tax $, then trade it in...

Dillipop

We probably won't fix it. It's a 99 and really not worth it. I do need to get some touch up paint to cover the areas where the paint is gone, just so we don't get rust.

My dad mentioned something about deductibles being waived for hit and runs. Has anyone heard of this?

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Our insurance told us it was covered as comprenesive... so we still had a deductable, same as like when a rock cracks your windsheild, or if we hit a deer, ect. but you'd have to check with your insurance company i supose...

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
So sorry about your day.... :( When it rains, it pours, huh? Last Halloween, someone threw a pumpkin at DH's Wrangler - the next morning there was a huge dent in the driver's side of the hood and smashed pumpkin everywhere. The other day there was big glob of spit/mucuous on my driver's rearview mirror on our Outback...:mad:

I know these don't compare when you've had a crappy day, but just to let you know that folks really can be cruel and not just dishonest... Hope your weekend is better :)

steph

We probably won't fix it. It's a 99 and really not worth it. I do need to get some touch up paint to cover the areas where the paint is gone, just so we don't get rust.

My dad mentioned something about deductibles being waived for hit and runs. Has anyone heard of this?

A few years ago I was parked on the street and someone who clearly didn't know how to parallel park swiped the front bumper of my car (funny thing is they didn't leave a note but didn't move their car, so it was clear who did it:rolleyes: ). Anyway, it was considered a hit and run even though we had their plate numbers and we never had to pay the deductible on our issurance. They fixed it for us and even gave us a rental car and we didn't have to pay anything. It may be worth checking out!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC