My collection had a change today...

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Dd is very close to maxing out the harness by height on the TF. So close that every time I've put her in for the last month I've debate whether she's even or just over.

I went in to a store to look at boosters with her today and they had some of the 2009 model of Monterey left for $99, so I decided I might as well give it a try in our truck - 2007 Outlook. Turns out it fit fine, and the belt is a good fit on dd, so I bought it. She rode home in it since I had the TF out already and with it having warmed up to just above freezing it felt positively balmy outside and I felt like putting it together. :cool:

Here is a picture of her, and a link to the full album. :thumbsup:

http://picasaweb.google.com/snowbird25ca/Monterey?feat=directlink

t7zvra.jpg

When we make highway trips we'll move the Nautilus in to the truck, but for around the city she'll be in the Monterey now when we take the truck. I was hoping to make it through the winter before moving her to a booster, but I'm not going to buy a new seat and I don't want to take ds out of the Complete Air. :thumbsup:

ADS

cookie123

Are her stats up to date in your siggy? I want the Monterey, and I can't make myself buy it because I think H will be too skinny in it. And it won't fit 3 across, either. But I'm not as worried about that as I used to be. It seems like I have either Matthew OR the big kids.

snowbird25ca

Aw, all our kids are growing up so fast! :crying:

She looks great in it!

Thanks. :)

Are her stats up to date in your siggy? I want the Monterey, and I can't make myself buy it because I think H will be too skinny in it. And it won't fit 3 across, either. But I'm not as worried about that as I used to be. It seems like I have either Matthew OR the big kids.

Yes, I updated them just last night. She may have an extra pound on her now, but I measured her height at the store because they had a lovely chart. Too bad the scale that went along with it was broken.

I feel in good company! :thumbsup:

Any pictures you want to add? :D I just looked at the age of your ds on your ticker and wow, I can't believe he's that old at all.

horseymom

thank you for posting this! as you know or kids are almost identical in age and I to am going to look for a booster. I was thinking of getting a Monteray on sale, where did you get it? (I'm coming to Calgary at the end of March and beginning of April) Would you use it without latch? our current vehical has no latch

snowbird25ca

And the big question is, is it LATCH'd in? :whistle:

Yes, but not tightly. I didn't know if I could LATCH it or not with where the seatbelt stalk sits, but it actually sits just fine on the seat with it loosely LATCH'd. I don't completely trust dh to remember to buckle it behind dd, and while she has been taught how and told to do it when she gets out of the seat, I don't expect her to remember every time right from the start.

(I do plan to keep in the habit of keeping it buckled, the booster we eventually use in the car likely won't be LATCH'd.)
I know! They grow so fast, don't they? :eek: And I'm flattered you asked for photos. :)

He's turning into quite the handsome young man. :D Looks like the seat fits him nicely too.

I'll bet she was pretty excited eh!!

Very excited! We'll see what happens as time passes and if she starts to complain about the Nautilus in the car. I don't expect any difficulties because I explained right away about the booster just being for short trips in the truck right now, but we'll see.

That really is a nice seat, it fits her well!

thank you for posting this! as you know or kids are almost identical in age and I to am going to look for a booster. I was thinking of getting a Monteray on sale, where did you get it? (I'm coming to Calgary at the end of March and beginning of April) Would you use it without latch? our current vehical has no latch

I got it at e-Children in Edmonton. They only had the grey and red left in stock and dd chose the grey. I mentioned I was surprised they still had some and the manager told me they had ordered extra in so they would have more to sell at the clearance price. Wonderful foresight on their part that worked out well for me. :thumbsup:

I would use it without LATCH, I'm not one to really obsess about the weight of a booster seat and whether or not it can be LATCH'd. If the belt fit is good Jillian will be using the Nautilus as a booster. The Canadian manual isn't clear about the LATCH issue when in booster mode, so I'll have to ultimately call Graco, but assuming it can't be LATCH'd, I'll still use it if the belt fit is good.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC