Three seats across in a semi

mominabigtruck

carseat003.jpg

I'm jumping on the picture bandwagon. This a picture of three across in the back of my semi. Hopefully you can see, I had to stand right in front of the window to get the pic and it is kinda dark. I've never had three back there before, but I got two seats and a booster with probably 6 inches in between all seats and on the edges.

ADS

mominabigtruck

Not very often unless I'm just going across the state. They were on their way down to see nani this morning so that's why they were loaded up.

lovinwaves

Wow, what a great photo!! :) It's amazing how much room there is back there! :eek: Looks like you could fit a couple more seats back there....just kidding :p

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Very cool!!! :cool: :cool:

I am so naive that I didn' know the back of semis had seatbelts. :eek: I learned something new today.

JaRylan

Very cool!!! :cool: :cool:

I am so naive that I didn' know the back of semis had seatbelts. :eek: I learned something new today.

Actually, didn't Amy say in a previous thread that this was a new semi and it actually has 3 or 6 sets of LATCH anchors? Either that or I've been dreaming. :)

mominabigtruck

It has 4 anchors and normally I only use the two outboard but I already had the blvd in and my oldest decided he wanted to sit there so I got the chase and put it in the middle with the seatbelt and left the compass booster next to it. I think if I rigged it right I could actually get 4 seats across because there is 3 sets of latch anchors back there plus 3 seatbelts, two of which are lap only. I'll have to make sure the next time I take pics I have the sunroof open so there is better light.

Simplysomething

The last (and only, IIRC) time I was in the back of a big truck---was...um..13-14 years ago. I don't even remember if it had seatbelts! lol

I was 15. The it seemed to be 800 years old then, and that it had a flat front (does that make sense?It was like this model. ). And it was loud. For whatever reason I keep thinking it was a freightliner (no, I don't know why that sticks into my head).

I remember being terrified while going across the chesapeake bay bridge tunnel at about 70, in the rain. That's about it. lol

Yep. I'm useless. lol. (FTR, I was with my father. lol)

There were seatbelts up front, of course. lol.

Tara

Oh awesome!! Thanks for posting this. I, like others, had no idea you could put carseats back there until you came along, Amy.
And wow, what room! That rocks, I gotta show hubby
Oh and please do let us know just how many seats you *can* install safely back there, that would be nice to know. Well, I'm darn curious about it anyway haha

Oh, dh wants to know what kind of big rig you have :)

mominabigtruck

It's a 2006 Kenworth W900, which is a large car with 83 inches of sleeper room. Not all semis have the couch that folds into a sleeper, alot just have the sleeper. I think actually my baby likes it more back there then he does in the car because he is ff and if I leave the curtains open he can he look out the windows instead of staring at the back of a seat.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It's a 2006 Kenworth W900, which is a large car with 83 inches of sleeper room. Not all semis have the couch that folds into a sleeper, alot just have the sleeper. I think actually my baby likes it more back there then he does in the car because he is ff and if I leave the curtains open he can he look out the windows instead of staring at the back of a seat.

That's really cool!! I really had no idea that even existed in semis. :):eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC