HELP! Stroller recommendations please! (pulling my hair out)

Good afternoon! I am so glad I found this forum because I need serious stroller help!
We are going on a long vacation In June to Vegas, Disneyland and Universal Studios and I am looking for a good stroller for Evan who will be two-and-a-half years old.
Last August we went to Disneyland and we took our Chicco Cortina stroller and I wasnt impressed with it much at all. But thats all we had and I didnt really know any better. Now I do and know what I am looking for but dont know which stroller offers it. :)
So what I am looking for is:
  • Great canopy cover for shade
  • plushy/comfortable for prolonged sitting
  • snack/cup tray
  • Option for leg rest like Cortina has but mine never worked
  • Big storage basket
  • Parent cup holder and storage for keys
  • Easy maneuvering

I know thats alot to ask for but I have hope there is a stroller out there for me. :eek:

Thanks everyone!~

ADS
Do you have a budget? Do you care how small it folds? Will you be flying with it?

I dont want it to be crzy high in $$ but if it has more of the features Im looking for, the better!! I "had" a Graco Quattro before with my first child and likes that storage on it and canopy was generous but the seat was so uncomforatable!! :(
I dont care how it folds and no I wont be flying with it!
Thanks!! :love: :love: :)

Rosey

You will find we really like the Baby Joggers here. The City Mini is nice. It is kind of a hybrid stroller. It doesn't have air tires so it isn't a true jogger, but it has a great fold, excellent canopy, pushes well, and has accessories you can buy.

The City Mini is nice. It is kind of a hybrid stroller. It doesn't have air tires so it isn't a true jogger, but it has a great fold, excellent canopy, pushes well, and has accessories you can buy.

Thanks I saw that on Google but the storage on that stroller seems to be very minimal to little. not good! :thumbsdown: Also theres so many accessories you have to buy for it to make it a nice full sized stroller (cup holders, snack trays, etc) :thumbsdown:

clmchrissy

I think the P3 would have everything you are wanting. It has a large storage basket, parent cup holder, reclines, nice sun shade & extending leg rest. Plus it folds pretty nice too! Graco makes the Cleo which can be found for $85 at Albee is similar.

ETA: you can add a Sunshine Kids buggy buddy for additional cup/parent storage.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I think the P3 would have everything you are wanting. It has a large storage basket,

:scratcheshead: On the Pliko? Have they changed it recently? I think the storage basket on the Pliko is fairly small, to maybe moderate.

ETA: Never mind. I looked it up. It looks bigger than the one that was on my (old) Pliko.

I think the basket might be about the same as the one on the BJ Citi Mini. I think.

OP: Adding a SKJP buggy buddy to the BJ would give you a small parent organizer. Do you need a snack tray for your DS? None of my strollers have a snack tray and I have never had a problem, but I guess that since I am not used to having one, the kids aren't either. They hold their cup in the stroller, they hold their snack traps/snack bags, and they hand it back to me when they are finished.

Rosey

Then the Graco Metrolite may be what you want considering basket size. It doesn't fold as well as the BJ or P3 but the storage basket and canopy are it are good. It is also a graco stroller that weighs under 20lbs.

MoreLatte

The SK Buggy Buddy works great on the BJ strollers! And IIRC, BJ City Mini also has a mesh storage area on the back of the seat, too? I know my City Classic does.

You can't beat the canopies on the Baby Jogger strollers, not to mention the fold. I think the mini would be perfect for your needs. I am able to fit quite a bit in the basket, actually. And while I own the tray for mine, we rarely use it. DD usually just tucks her cup/snacks beside her or I keep them in the buggy buddy when not needed.

Thanks everyone for all your wonderful advice and awesome opinions! They have helped me alot to narrow down my million choices out there! Geesh!! But as I surf the web I found this stroller called the Chicco C1 Comfort Travel Stroller. Anyone know how that is? Looked like the features Im looking for, I think, but not a huge storage underneath though. And for the canopy I might have to buy one of those after market attachable sun shades that extends over the canopy. KWIM? So hows that stroller look?

MySillyKids

Thanks I saw that on Google but the storage on that stroller seems to be very minimal to little. not good! :thumbsdown: Also theres so many accessories you have to buy for it to make it a nice full sized stroller (cup holders, snack trays, etc) :thumbsdown:

Thats not what i like to see! :crying:

for $30 EXTRA, you can have a parent console [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Stroller-Accessory-Buggy/dp/B000SMWUPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1265954016&sr=8-1"](sunshine kids buggy buddy) [/ame] (ooh it's on SALE!) and a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-J7G50-Child-Tray/dp/B0013BQWLG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1265954054&sr=1-1"]Baby jogger Snack tray[/ame]

I can take pics for you tomorrow. I have both said attachments. I have a Baby Jogger City Mini Single, and a Baby Jogger City elite.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have a Chicco C1 and the only thing I hate about it, is the basket. Seriously, to get anything bigger than a paperback book in, I have to walk around front and cram it in that way. Not fun. Love the stroller otherwise though! And it does have nice storage in the pocket on the back. The canopy can actually unzip from the back pocket, and rotate where you need it, so it works great.

Oh snap! There goes the C1 out the window looks like! :( But I would love to see some pictures of reccomended strollers IRL...That would be awesome!! My main thing seems to be right now...Plenty of canopy for sun shade, ample storage underneath and an adjustable foot rest for the little man! :p

Graco Metrolite doesnt have the adjustable leg rest, am I correct? And the seat back isnt very high as I can recall from seeing it way back when. Not real comfy seat either.. :confused:

keri1292

I don't think many 2.5yo's would have short enough legs for the leg rest. My 6yo keeps his legs on the fixed leg rest of the BJCM just fine. Also, most better made strollers don't have snack trays. Maybe a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zooper-Waltz-Stroller-Coconut-Waves/dp/B002AS9MEA"]Zooper[/ame]? I think there are a few models that might fit your criteria, but the basket doesn't look great. :(

MySillyKids

The elite has an 'adjustable' foot rest, but uh, It's for newborns. lol.

I'll take pics tomorrow. (or someday i get around to it, we've been busy.) lol

Rosey

Graco Metrolite doesnt have the adjustable leg rest, am I correct? And the seat back isnt very high as I can recall from seeing it way back when. Not real comfy seat either.. :confused:

Yes, the seat back is short though padded, but I can't think of a higher end stroller whose basket can compete with the Graco. The BJCM basket is ample for me. I can't think of any sub 20 lbs good for Disney strollers that have everything you mentioned.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Yes, the seat back is short though padded, but I can't think of a higher end stroller whose basket can compete with the Graco. The BJCM basket is ample for me. I can't think of any sub 20 lbs good for Disney strollers that have everything you mentioned.

Valco rad's and bertini's:whistle: But the sunshade on the rad is not good. My mom got my brother and sil a mac, and added in the organizer for the back. It hangs off the handles, and is mesh and works well. I love my C1 (need to send it to a friend) but yes, the basket is pretty useless for anything of structure. And I didn't even think they were actually selling them right now:confused: Oh, and the basket on the bebe confort's are pretty good (not the loola, the other ones). The one on my twin club is huge! As is the one on my stroll-air, and the bob duallie.

NVMBR02

I don't think many 2.5yo's would have short enough legs for the leg rest. My 6yo keeps his legs on the fixed leg rest of the BJCM just fine. Also, most better made strollers don't have snack trays. Maybe a Zooper? I think there are a few models that might fit your criteria, but the basket doesn't look great. :(

I have a 2010 Zooper Waltz and I do really like it. Expect the basket sucks and is hard to get to. When I bought it I couldn't find any BJCMs in the stores. I got it for a great price though.

I will likely get a BJCM this summer anyway, if we end up using a stroller more often.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC