The Doctor's (show) FAIL

mommy-medic

Rear facing till 1 and 20,...

They like to be front facing so they can see out the window!!! :eek:

These seats are from Britax and they have very good ratings.....

Vague info about older, hand me down seats "may not be safe"...

Only semi-accurate infor was boostering till 8/80 "when knees bend at edge of seat".

EPIC FAIL DOCTORS!!!

I already fired off a pretty passionate letter about how many parents they COULD HAVE reached with better information. If you want to email them here ya go- http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/contact_show_form

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Oh I know!! :eek: I was atleast glad to see them recommend a HWH seat after the baby outgrew the convertible and about needing a booster until 8/80lbs, but really Britax being the best...:rolleyes:

mommy-medic

Lol, I emailed them and then came back here to edit my original post with contact info, but ya beat me to it. Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in it, and the fingers were flying on the keyboard....:mad:

aja

wow! so sad, but not really suprising. how many people get bad carseat advice from their doctors? it's almost a cliche. would be funny if it wasn't so AWFUL!

mommy-medic

I'm SO PROUD!!!!! (facebook comments)

Lisa Strickland is my baby sister!!!!!!

I told her with her first son I would buy the convertible seat IF she would use it correctly, and ERF. Lincoln is 2.5, 36 lbs or so (he is SOLID) and JUST turned FFing (Blvd).

Yayyyy!!!! It's funny seeing her get as frustrated as I do about the misuse, etc. I've taught her well. :D She was quick with some helpful links too. (and pointing out that not all police/firefighters are CPSTs). :thumbsup:

canadiangie

It's starting in about 30 minutes for me. I was all excited to watch, but now I'm bummed. :thumbsdown:

Huh.

ETA: "babies love to turn 1 because then they can see what's going on".

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

"has a little car seat part" (referring to 5 point harness). You couldn't learn the phrase "5 point harness"? This is a difficult concept?

these idiots that do these shows. can they not consult someone who knows what the hell they are talking about?! what a huge diservice for any parent watching.

and the booster portion! could they not google and repeat back the 5 Step Test? This is also a difficult concept?!

I've never watched The Doctors, and won't be again. Super boring and incorrect information. No thanks.

Last edited:

Freedom_Pixie

For me I didn't catch Doctors until the last 30 minutes and all they talked about was saftey while running, etc. No carseat talk (maybe it was in the first half hour).

With that said...(if it was this episode) I'm glad I missed it. So disappointing (just to hear about this). The wrong message about RFing is getting out there, I'm shocked they didn't mention anything about ERFing. Maybe if they get enough comments they will do another show about it, correcting the information.

JerseyGirl'sMama

'Carseat 101' yeah right. :rolleyes:

'kids are going to be backwards facing in their carseat until they are one year old or and 20 pounds.' :thumbsdown: He messed up with the 'or' part and corrected himself, but how many parents will catch that?

'kids looooove turning one cause they can finally see where they are going' :hitselfonhead:

speaking of a convertible (while forward-facing) 'they (kids) are going to be in this seat until they are 4 and 40 lbs.' Uh no. That seat harnesses to 65lbs. Seriously, you couldn't read a label on the side of it? :rolleyes:

And the Boulevard 'is actually one of the nicest convertible carseats ever'

'the (harness) shoulder straps have to come straight over the shoulder, not down or up over the shoulder' :thumbsdown:

'Britax seats all have very good ratings'

'Check the safety rating of your carseat' Uh, yeah. If only we were privvy to that information. :hitselfonhead:

That was HORRIBLE!!!!! :mad:

Anne

Wow. I'd already read that it was a major FAIL from here and another board before it aired here. But I had to watch it so that I could send a message and be informed about what they said. I was FUMING! Such an awesome opportunity and they totally blew it! I was playing with a nerf football while I watched and it was really hard not to chuck it at the doctor's head when he said baby's love to turn 1 so they can turn around and see. :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC