TLC Car Seat Commercial

tl01

Has anyone see the commercial about how to use a car seat? I just saw it and thought it was pretty horrible. The baby in the commercial should have been rear facing and it looks as though the seat was not installed well. Why do people make commercials on topics of which they are not experts??:confused:

ADS

Lara

The one with the baby, the guy, and the comfortsport? Yeah, I've seen it and I cringe EVERY time.

When the guy puts the baby in the seat it tilts and moves.... obviously a horrible install job. The LO should have been rf, she wasn't very old or big. Oh and IIRC, the baby has pretty loose straps.

tl01

Yep.. that's the one. I couldn't believe how he adjusted the seat as he closed the door. That was really bizarre. If your seat moves so much you can't close the door then the seat is not installed right!:eek:

mominabigtruck

Have you seen the one they do about infant seats? A 3pt harness snugride and the straps are so loose they're practically falling off. Not to mention the baby is all tangled up in a blanket. But I guess that's how it is on tlc with their shows. They spend 3 hrs in the afternoon pushing pampers but do you think they could give the people on the show info on how to install a carseat? Of course not because no one's paying them to advertise that.:(

MomTo1

Yesterday on Bringing Home Baby they showed the dad installing the infant seat, he put the flipping thing in backwards. I thought the base looked funny, then when he snapped the carrier in, it was FF. :( And the TLC people just kept shooting. Someone had to know that was wrong.

Thankfully when they show them riding home from the hospital the seat is RF, but sheesh, how many new parents watched him install it the wrong way?

tl01

9 times out of 10 on Bringing Home Baby and A Baby Story, the parents have the baby in the seat with the straps WAY to lose and the chest clip down around the diaper. Then you have to wonder how the base is installed!!

bbartlettnfld

I saw a "bringing home baby" episode where you see the dad struggling to get the PP primo viaggio (original one) in the car with the mom and baby waiting on the sidewalk to get in the car! Finally they cut to them at home!

At the end when they ask what they would have changed about the first 48 hours and dad says.. definatly get the carseat installed before hand!

BethAnn

broken4u05

I saw the one with the seat FF. There was also one were the older child got a new Big girl seat to make her feel bigger when the new baby came and it was a booster and she was i think 3 and really really small 3 year old. I think the people filming should help and tell them that it is wrong. But than i guess it is not real so they will not do that

Duckieheart

Yesterday on Bringing Home Baby they showed the dad installing the infant seat, he put the flipping thing in backwards. I thought the base looked funny, then when he snapped the carrier in, it was FF. :( And the TLC people just kept shooting. Someone had to know that was wrong.

Thankfully when they show them riding home from the hospital the seat is RF, but sheesh, how many new parents watched him install it the wrong way?

Thats the same dad who on the ride home- put the newborn in the seat swaddled. Even commented on how hard it is to get the straps on with her all wrapped up. NO KIDDING! I dont think the people shooting really have a responsibility- but the hospital does- IMO. Back home- the hospital checks that seat is installed correctly and that the baby is strapped in tight.

mominabigtruck

What I don't understand is when I had both of my kids you actually had to bring the seat up to the room and the nurse had to check to make sure the baby fit right in the seat before you could leave. Almost every single parent on tlc takes the baby out swaddled to the car and then puts them in the carseat. And I really loved the couple that said they didn't buy a seat because they figured the hospital would give them one. Then they complained because it was a cheapo arriva yet they were driving a brand new tahoe.

flash&zip

When my older DD was born in 02, we had to take her to the car in an infant bucket seat.

When my DS was born last June, they didn't even ask if we had a seat. I carried him right out to the car in my arms. I have no idea whether they question anyone anymore. :(

Oops, ETA, same hospital.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC