Got the Pink Sky Parkway SG today!

oxeye

I'm still in a bit of denial that DD1 is big enough to be boostered. We'll use it for rides to and from school for a bit and still put her in the Frontier harnessed on longer trips (since she is a car sleeper).

I'll post pics tomorrow if anyone wants to see. It looks exactly like I expected.

ADS

horseymom

I'd love to see pics too! DD will need one soon and we will use it like you are too just for short trips as my DD is a sleeper too!

oxeye

Here are some pics finally. DD1 is sooooo excited. The fit is pretty good given that she just barely meets the minimum weight requirement (though I moved the headrest up a click after seeing the pics). Please ignore the unrestrained, wild children in the background.

CIMG6400-1.jpg

CIMG6402-1.jpg

Warning, misuse! I was curious how DD2 would fit. I would obviously never ever use this for her (she is only 35 pounds, still RF, and does not have the maturity to use a booster). The headrest is in the lowest position.

CIMG6405-1.jpg

CIMG6406-1.jpg

By itself -

CIMG6404-1.jpg

I actually think having DD1 in a booster will be a bigger pain, so I'll try this for a few days but might move her back to the Frontier pretty quickly. She can get herself in and out of the Frontier, but had trouble getting herself in the Parkway. She's not used to having to pull against a retractor I guess. And then there will be the constant reminder to buckle it behind her. So we'll see!

Raegansmom4

It's kinda scary how well it fits your younger daughter. Good thing they put the 40 lb minimum for parents who would put their child your daughter's size and age in a booster.

jessclear

I love that! So, do you buckle in like a normal booster, then attach the SG part? Is that just an extra step for the child to do? I really like that feature, but can see how it would make it more difficult.

oxeye

It's kinda scary how well it fits your younger daughter. Good thing they put the 40 lb minimum for parents who would put their child your daughter's size and age in a booster.

Seriously - I didn't think it would fit her at all.

I love that! So, do you buckle in like a normal booster, then attach the SG part? Is that just an extra step for the child to do? I really like that feature, but can see how it would make it more difficult.

Yup, just an extra step in the buckling process. I showed DD how to put the SG clip on after the seat is buckled and surprisingly she can do that just fine. Buckling the seatbelt is the problem. Go figure! I'm sure she'll get better at it with practice.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have to say, the lack of cupholders and the 40 lb. limit are the 2 things stopping me from buying one. :( I have an almost-6-year old who is THAT close to 40, but she can't seem to gain that last 1/2 lb. And the way she is, I know if she does hit 40 in the next month, she could drop back down to 37 at any time. She's not getting one because while it would be a SMIDGE easier to buckle than the Turbo in our car, the 40 lb. limit means she'd often be under the limit-- which honestly I'd be comfortable with except for the setting a bad example thing-- and she does like the cup holder on the Turbo.

I think Britax would do better to lower the weight limit to 33 or 35, and put an age limit on it (4 years, 5 years, whatever) that means kids who are lighter at an older age can get the anti-submarine benefit of this booster! I mean, seriously, we know that's a greater risk for under 40 lbs.-- why deny that benefit to kids under 40 lbs.?

emars002

I love that! I am so tempted but DD has been 36lbs for a year. I would love to use the clip with her since she is so skinny but they had to make the darn min. 40lbs. she may not be 40lbs until she is 9!

oxeye

I have to say, the lack of cupholders and the 40 lb. limit are the 2 things stopping me from buying one. :( I have an almost-6-year old who is THAT close to 40, but she can't seem to gain that last 1/2 lb. And the way she is, I know if she does hit 40 in the next month, she could drop back down to 37 at any time. She's not getting one because while it would be a SMIDGE easier to buckle than the Turbo in our car, the 40 lb. limit means she'd often be under the limit-- which honestly I'd be comfortable with except for the setting a bad example thing-- and she does like the cup holder on the Turbo.

I think Britax would do better to lower the weight limit to 33 or 35, and put an age limit on it (4 years, 5 years, whatever) that means kids who are lighter at an older age can get the anti-submarine benefit of this booster! I mean, seriously, we know that's a greater risk for under 40 lbs.-- why deny that benefit to kids under 40 lbs.?

It has a cupholder. :love: DD1 would have been very sad it if didn't.

And I do completely agree. The lighter kids are the ones who will really benefit from the SG. I think a minimum age would be a good requirement for boosters in general. A 40 pound 3 year old would fit great in this seat and meet the minimums. Doesn't mean that the seat is safe at all.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It does? Why haven't I seen the cupholder when I looked at it in the store? Does it like to stick or something? OR wait, is it only on one side? If it's on the left side (from a sitting-in-the-booster perspective), that's why I've never even looked on that side-- only a right side cupholder is usable in our car because of our current setup. I suppose we COULD switch sides but it would make things more difficult. (I have the Radian in with seatbelt in the middle, and when we're using the booster it goes on the right side of the car so the Radian won't accidentally get unbuckled.)

TnT's Mom

It does? Why haven't I seen the cupholder when I looked at it in the store? Does it like to stick or something? OR wait, is it only on one side? If it's on the left side (from a sitting-in-the-booster perspective), that's why I've never even looked on that side-- only a right side cupholder is usable in our car because of our current setup. I suppose we COULD switch sides but it would make things more difficult. (I have the Radian in with seatbelt in the middle, and when we're using the booster it goes on the right side of the car so the Radian won't accidentally get unbuckled.)

We have a Parkway SG as well...the Onyx one. It has 2 cup holders...one on each side. You have to pull them out. They are deeper than the cupholders on the old style Parkway which is nice.

Unfortunately for us my DS#2 complained about the slideguard hurting his boy parts the two times we have had him ride in the seat. So, now I am not sure how the seat is going to work for us.

arly1983

Why does my DS have to be the only one who doesn't fit well in the the PWSG? :mad:

He fits really well in the Frontier in booster mode, I guess I just need to order the SG clip.

She looks like she likes it. :D

NVMBR02

Well. I ordered one. So much for waiting for a great deal. I have no will power. DD has been begging for a booster and I haven't found anything that I like. She is skinny so I hope the SG clip works for her. I really want an Oober but I can't use LATCH with our 3 across. Maybe next year when we buy a bigger vehicle.

oxeye

Thanks for posting the pictures. I think I will be ordering one for my dd in the next few months.

Well. I ordered one. So much for waiting for a great deal. I have no will power. DD has been begging for a booster and I haven't found anything that I like. She is skinny so I hope the SG clip works for her. I really want an Oober but I can't use LATCH with our 3 across. Maybe next year when we buy a bigger vehicle.

LOL Not even an hour and a half later. You are as bad as me. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC