I was ASKED for help yesterday!

libranbutterfly

I got out of class early last night, and stopped at a different walmart to see if they had any HB Turbos, because the one right down the street from my house doesn't have any. When I walked into the car seat isle, there was an elderly couple holding a cosco harness to booster seat. They were muttering about how it should work, and looking around like they needed to ask a question. When I was about to pass them, The woman asked me if I knew anything about these seats. I told her I did, and asked how I could help.

She said she was tired of having to take her daughters car seat out of her car when they took her grandson, and wanted a seat to keep in her car. She said she needed one that could face the seat and then turn around. She asked if the seat they had picked could do that. I told her it couldnt, and showed her the myride and scenera. She decided on a scenera, but they only had pink ones at that store. She had me write down the name of the seat for her, and they were headed to Kmart for one.

As I was leaving she thanked me so much for helping her, and I told her I was a car seat tech and I liked to help people with their seats, etc. She smiled and said she was glad she had asked the right person.

While I was talking to them, I did have to try to ignore the people who came up with a 2 yr old and a baby in a snugride, and get a cosco high rise. Mom was asking dad if that one would work, and dad said "how much does it cost?" when mom told him, he said "sure that one will work" :(

ADS

Shaunam

That's great! I had a grandmother ask me for help one time in the walmart car seat aisle. I told her I was a tech and she said, "see, god put you here just for me!" LMAO I think I convinced her to get 2 GNs for her 3 and 4 year old granddaughters even though I didn't see her check out. She didn't seem to care about the cost, she just didn't even know where to start or what to look for.

Kat_Momof3

I hope the couple with the high rise were buying it for a child who wasn't with them... like a kid over age 6 (I'd settle for that at that point)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC