More infant seat advice

joycemom

First I would like to thank you all for the wonderful information. I didn't realize how little I knew about carseats. I am going to turn my daughter back around asap.
My first question is on positioning. since I am turning my daughter back around and I am due for number two in may where should I put her when the new baby comes. She is in a Graco comfort sport. And should I put the baby in the middle next to her I can only use latch in the middle if there is not one on the outside. I know that you can still install all or most of the infant bases with the middle seat belt but Latch seems so much easier.

Next question is on the Britax companion. It has the anti-rebound bar and the new TSIP. are these really benifits to consider.

I also notices the new Peg Perego has a new SIP feature also.

I was originally leaning toward the Graco SS but am just trying to get an understanding of all the features. The ine thing I really like about the graco is the size but also i like the graco pedic foam for comfort. we didn't realise how uncomfortable our daughter was till we bought the comfort sport for the padding and realized her snugride had almost none. We travel a lot in the car and usually trips are between 8-14hrs. so comfor is verry important.

I also like the chicco key fit and am going to wait until they come out with the new bigger one to make mt decision but amm trying to gather as much info now.

Another plus would be if they can be used w/o the base if needed and I am not sure if you can with all these.

Thanks for all your help in advance

katy

ADS

scatterbunny

I'm no expert on infant seats, so I'll just give my opinion: I like the idea of the Safeseat 1, going to 30 pounds and all, but I personally would not keep a baby in the infant seat for so long. Just my personal preference! I'd go with a Chicco KeyFit probably, and then a good convertible, rear-facing.

How old is the child in the ComfortSport?

How far from the top of the seat shell is her head?

How far are her shoulders from the top slots?

Good for you for wanting to turn her back rear-facing! I wish I had stumbled upon this website before my dd was too big to rear-face. :(

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Next question is on the Britax companion. It has the anti-rebound bar and the new TSIP. are these really benifits to consider.

I also notices the new Peg Perego has a new SIP feature also.

The anti-rebound bar is REALLY nice to have. A lot of people, however, hate the headrest on the Companion. It is a personal preference, I think.

The new Primo Viaggios are much nicer than the older ones. I haven't inspected the base enough, however, to see if the things I hated about the old base (seatbelt installation was TERRIBLE) have been fixed.

joycemom

My daughter on the comfort sport is 21 months. the top of her head is 2-3 inches away from the back of the seat. She is right at the top notches but only weighs 25lbs dressed and soaking wet.

scatterbunny

So she's got plenty of room to rear-face based on where her head is in relation to the top of the shell, that's great. :)

The top slots can't be used for rear-facing, so be sure to use the middle slots. ;)

It looks like your dd will be one of the many kids who outgrow the ComfortSport forward-facing before they outgrow it rear-facing, if her shoulders are already at the top slots!

joycemom

Thanks i didn't know about the middle slot thing for RF. so can I still turn her around and use those slots even if she is above them. Also What about bracing I don't really understand this concept. Another question is she has very long legs and the manufacturers book said to turn her around is this true I have seen pics of kids RF with really long legs but they were in other car seats. Is this just a GRACO thing or what?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC