Can SK please make the Radian harness adjuster easier to use???!!!

LP Mom

OMG. I swear every time I have to adjust that stupid harness. I love the seat otherwise, but seriously, mine is impossible to adjust when RFing (and no, it is not stuck)! We should send a petition to SK......

ADS

chloebeansmom

lol I totally agree with you. The best thing to happen to me was buying my minivan with reclining captian's seats. If i need to tighten DD's harness I recline the seat, tighten, then raise the seat. But, if I'm in my Corolla I dread it everytime:rolleyes:

emandbri

I don't mind making minor adjustments but yesterday we took Brian's car and only had Eluzabeth and Benjamin had used the radian last and man it was annoying to tighten it so much!

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
I grab the straps at the back, pull down to get the slack out of the child, and then pull the adjuster.

jess71903

Ambassador
You know the TF gets a bad rap for the harness adjuster, but I think the Radian is worse. I mean, you can losen it just fine, but for me, tightening is harder.

Laurette

The same thing that is one of the Radains best qualities, it's low profile, is what gives it it's biggest flaw. Which IMO is the difficulty to tighten the harness.

Because there is really no base, the harness path is very exposed on the back and thus is subject to sticking to the vehicles seat.

I have leather in my car and it makes it very difficult to adjust the harness. The splitter plate sticks to the leather very baddly, especially when forward facing.

firemomof3

I have no problems with my Radians adjustor :shrug-shoulders:
Of course, I've only used them rf and its so easy to tighten/loosen the harness, nothing like the blvd which I loathed beyond words. The tricks I use to tighten the harness rf won't work ff so we'll see how much I like it when I use it ff :rolleyes:

PurpleCat

Amen!!

I'm looking forward to summertime so I won't have cold hands scraping against the seat while I tighten.

ntrenary

I don't have any problems getting to the adjuster because I can't get my Radian more upright than a 45 degree angle in my van. But, I hate that I have to tug, tug, tug instead of puuulll on the adjuster strap. It takes forever!

LP Mom

I have no problems with my Radians adjustor :shrug-shoulders:
Of course, I've only used them rf and its so easy to tighten/loosen the harness, nothing like the blvd which I loathed beyond words. The tricks I use to tighten the harness rf won't work ff so we'll see how much I like it when I use it ff :rolleyes:
I actually found it easier to adjust FFing when my toddler used it last week while we were travelling. RFing is a bear though. Even DH who is incredibly strong has a really tough time pulling the harness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC