Question Snugride 22 vs. Radian XTSL

LovingMomma

I have a snugride 22 back adjust and a Radian XTSL. My husband wants to keep using the bucket and I want to use my radian. I know the safest seat is the one used properly which both will be. My daughter is two months and it is around 30 degrees in winter. We only use the bucket to carry her inside (shower cap cover and a blanket) not to carry her around in. I think it's more inconvenient to carry baby and bucket but my husband wants her to be warm. What do you think is the safest system? Which car seat is better in a crash?

ADS

ks1978

Since both seats will be used properly, either seat will be fine! Personally, I would use the bucket, just so she can be warmer. AT 2 months old, she is probably not too heavy, right? Maybe you can use the bucket for another month or two, while it is cold out, then switch to the Radian? Or have both seats installed in your car and use the Radian on warmer days?

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I'm torn... Of course I have a front adjust sr22 (ok it is weird typing that out because and sr22 is an insurance form, and I used to be in sales).

Anywho. I put in dd's xtsl this weekend because the bucket needed a bath... Today we have snow. IF we do get out I see myself putting her base in the car and using the bucket. I'm thinking I may just put her bucket outboard and use what I feel like. :eek: Oooo... I may put her bucket base in w/ latch and then take it out and secure it behind the xtsls on the floor when not in use. :whistle:

nmb

I'm inclined to think the Radian would be safer just because of the rear-adjust on the bucket....those seem to be almost never adjusted quite right. :twocents:

LovingMomma

Thanks for all of the replies. I think we'll stick to the bucket as a happy husband is always nice and he did let me spend a lot on the car seat I wanted. Is there a trick to getting the rear adjust to be safe? We tighten it tight and just leave it. We also check tightness every time.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Rear adjusts are not unsafe, just harder to use and therefore more likely to be misused.

If it's tight (you can't pinch anything at his shoulder) and the harness is at or below his shoulder then it's fine.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC