Another new tech!!!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Yes - I finished the course yesterday! Same as Becca - I guess we're CPST twins or something... :p

Our seatcheck was in 19-degree weather and very windy... :( We froze. But it was fun nonetheless.

I really loved the class and kept calling my husband on breaks - "Did you know..." :p

ADS

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Yay! Congrats to you too!

Yeah - winter checks are much better at places with service bays :)

At my class, it was really hot (July) and we ended up with a check at the fire station - they moved the trucks out so we could be under cover.

JaRylan

Yippee! Remember you must use your new powers for good and not evil, but use them any chance you get.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Way cool! And the award for 'newbie fastest to ditch mighty tites and become a tech' goes to you (I'm all about awards this month, lol)

:)

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Way cool! And the award for 'newbie fastest to ditch mighty tites and become a tech' goes to you (I'm all about awards this month, lol)

:)

LOL! And the funny thing is - yesterday at the seatcheck, a minivan came through with a Mighty-Tite... :eek: The other students were passing it around, debating who was going to approach the mom. I walked over and said "I will!" :D

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Oh we had tons of aftermarket stuff, first mama came in with an adorable 10 week old with the snug ride seat w/ a seat protecter under the base atleast 1/2 inch thick, one of thoes nice HUGE bunting bags that was totally over and under baby, 2 or 3 thing hanging from the handel, and when she left she had a whole pill of stuff to take home ... she was greatful though, oh and she was using LATCH in the middle of a trail blazer, we had to move outboard b/c of the 40/60 slit.

Simplysomething

LOL! And the funny thing is - yesterday at the seatcheck, a minivan came through with a Mighty-Tite... :eek: The other students were passing it around, debating who was going to approach the mom. I walked over and said "I will!" :D

Well. How did that go? Did you use the "look, before I knew better" route..or did you just whack her over the head with it?

One would have been more fun! lol

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Well. How did that go? Did you use the "look, before I knew better" route..or did you just whack her over the head with it?

One would have been more fun! lol

It went really well, actually, at least with the mom. The dad was another story. He said he really wanted it not to move at all. I was in the process of explaining that you really can get a good install without it when one of the fire/rescue trainees came over and told him he had the seat solid and snug. So they went to look at that. Then, an instructor approached them about the mirror over the infant seat. They explained that the mom NEEDS to see the baby while driving - she just has to. Period. The fireman told them that in the majority of wrecks, the driver says, "I just looked away for one second..." and that his wife should be watching the road and pulling over to check on the baby if the baby is crying and she's more likely to be in a wreck when looking at that mirror than wrecking with the baby crying, etc, etc. That's when the mom said, "I don't want to hear this anymore. We need to go now." And they were gone...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It went really well, actually, at least with the mom. The dad was another story. He said he really wanted it not to move at all. I was in the process of explaining that you really can get a good install without it when one of the fire/rescue trainees came over and told him he had the seat solid and snug. So they went to look at that. Then, an instructor approached them about the mirror over the infant seat. They explained that the mom NEEDS to see the baby while driving - she just has to. Period. The fireman told them that in the majority of wrecks, the driver says, "I just looked away for one second..." and that his wife should be watching the road and pulling over to check on the baby if the baby is crying and she's more likely to be in a wreck when looking at that mirror than wrecking with the baby crying, etc, etc. That's when the mom said, "I don't want to hear this anymore. We need to go now." And they were gone...

So did they remove the mirror and Mighty-Tite?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
We had already removed the Mighty-Tite b/c that is directly involved in the seat installation, which they had come for us to check/reinstall. But all we could do is recommend that they remove the mirror... :rolleyes:

Simplysomething

Did they leave because mom was upset or that they were in a hurry? It seemed like she was upset/overwhelmed.

While the tech had a point, I wonder if she didn't think he was implying that she'd be staring at the kiddo--instead of paying attention to the road. Which is a long longer than a glance to make sure the kiddo is OK.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I'm not sure - I wasn't part of the conversation or even close by when it happened. I just heard about it later.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC