Is a Clek really worth it?

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
I really like the Clek Oobr. Well, at least I do online. I've never seen one in person. Is it really worth it? What makes it so great that it is $275? If money were no object I think I would get one. As it stands now it isn't and I only need a booster as a spare seat.

Anyway, if you have one why did you buy it? Do you feel that the Oobr was worth the cost? Is this your child's primary seat? Would you buy one again?

ADS

Maedze

Is it worth it? It's up to you :p

I think it's REALLY a nice seat. The design, the materials, the thought that went into it...blow other hbb out of the water.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Is it worth it? It's up to you :p

I think it's REALLY a nice seat. The design, the materials, the thought that went into it...blow other hbb out of the water.

I agree. I think the price is justified. However, that doesn't mean that I can afford it -- there are a lot of things that are "worth" their price tag but still don't fit in my budget, and this is one of them. I doubt I'll be buying one.

Maedze

Yup. There's the rub. My son has a perfectly good Nautilus that fits him well in booster mode, and that's what he'll be using when he outgrows harnessed mode. I don't have the luxury of buying a 300 dollar booster. Even if I want to. LOL.

hsjwmom

I preordered ours for just over $200. It is a great booster and dd loves it. I wouldn't pay $300 for it, but I do feel it was worth what I paid. When dd2 decides she is ready to give up her Regent, I'll have to see what other boosters are available. But, I have a feeling that dd1 may have to pass down her Oobr and get a Monterey because of the way she's growing. Unfortunately, I don't think the Oobr is best for kids with a booty. :eek:

Kat_Momof3

I agree. I think the price is justified. However, that doesn't mean that I can afford it -- there are a lot of things that are "worth" their price tag but still don't fit in my budget, and this is one of them. I doubt I'll be buying one.

THIS... is exactly it. I had an Olli... I know that clek seats are worth every penny... the oobr just isn't in my budget at all.

Not even remotely.

Ruthie fits just as well in her Vivo as she would in the Oobr... and I just have to get over MY lust for the seat... lol.

Citrine

I have had the seat 1 full week now. I am training my daughter in it. I must say the price tag is hard to swallow, but when you see the materials it took to make the seat, then you understand the price tag. It is a heavy seat because of the magnesium back frame. What made me buy it, was the materials. I love how it has a Magnesium back frame and metal rods in the headrest that conects to the magnesium back frame. The head rest is super easy to adjust. You adjust it like you do on a vechile headrest. I know my daughter would be just as safe in any other booster with proper use, but I love the materials in this one.

firemomof3

I like ours a lot and yes I do think that its worth every penny. I also really like the Monterey but my daught is too thin and didn't fit in it correctly.

littleangelfire

ok - but how do you go into a store and order one? I mean is it oobr like goober or what? Why on earth do they give them names that are near impossible to decipher. :confused: Of course, I also called Britax 'brit-tax' for most of my live, until the first time I called them up on the phone and was told welcome to Breyetax. :rolleyes:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Oobr is pronounced like "uber" and rhymes with goober. :) Clek picked that spelling because it was like how a kid would spell uber or some such cutsey rationale for the product naming, lol.

ntrenary

I've always said Brit-tax too, because you say brit-ish.
So it's really supposed to be brI(long i)-tax?

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
I preordered ours for just over $200. It is a great booster and dd loves it. I wouldn't pay $300 for it, but I do feel it was worth what I paid. When dd2 decides she is ready to give up her Regent, I'll have to see what other boosters are available. But, I have a feeling that dd1 may have to pass down her Oobr and get a Monterey because of the way she's growing. Unfortunately, I don't think the Oobr is best for kids with a booty. :eek:

Where did you find one for just over $200??

ok - but how do you go into a store and order one? I mean is it oobr like goober or what? Why on earth do they give them names that are near impossible to decipher. :confused: Of course, I also called Britax 'brit-tax' for most of my live, until the first time I called them up on the phone and was told welcome to Breyetax. :rolleyes:

My son is skinny too. So far I am just not wild about him in boosters. He is 5 and flirts with 40 lbs dressed. He has a tiny waist and can still wear size 3 shorts!! He is just about 44" tall though.

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
It was a pre-order from Magic Beans. They had them discounted by $80! Good thing, because the release date kept getting pushed back over and over. :rolleyes:

Dang!! He really likes the Skurvy. If I could get it for under $200 I might be able to justify it. I really wish AAFES would sell them! Heck! I wish ANYONE nearby would sell them. Then at least I could play with one and maybe it would be coupon eligible.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC