Safety 1st Aerolite LX at BRU

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3904367

So we have this on the floor now, and WOW, what a cool travel system! It's got the Onboard 35 with mega preemie pads (butt pad, and little layers of rolls that can be added or removed as needed), and the seat seems really light. The canopy leaves something to be desired, it's pretty floppy and hard to move forward and back (funny, the Bertini system has the same carseat and the hood is perfect? Oh well). The base has a lockoff! :). Regular metal buckle, and the splitter plate on the back is absolutely tiny, it looks like it won't ever get hooked on the back of the seat or jammed into upholstery, it was interesting. The stroller is a lot like... I thought... the Joovy Kooper... but with a bar handle. It was short handled, but I didn't kick the wheels. It was light and stood alone when folded. Overall, as a minimalist in my carseat/stroller preferences, it's right up my alley. We don't have the less expensive model on the floor yet, I guess it's the onboard, not the onboard air, and it's the harvest color, brown and orange.
Oh, and the stroller on the floor also has bolsters around the top and sides of the seat so older kids have something cozy to lean against. VERY COOL!
We also had the Quinny Zapp and I found it such a nightmare of a stroller to fold, I just can't feel the love... I had more fun playing with the Safety 1st, lol, but since they are both Dorel, I guess that's not big deal, right? :whistle:

ADS

Misty-Bug

looks like a nice set up.

and :eek: check out the base on that infant seat! I can't imagine anyone needing to recline that more! That is a HUGE base! I am glad they are making less expensive, better seats for those on lower budgets.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I wonder if that big base is kind of anti-reboundy? Might be, like the Chicco. Oh, that's not cheap! That's next in line to our most expensive travel system, the Chicco Cortina with the Key Fit 22 for 299. Then there are some mid range Gracos for 199-259, and some Evenflos and Baby Trends for 189 and lower...

Kat_Momof3

lol... the zapp takes a bit of practice... then when it's so compact and so easy to load other things in a small trunk around... you feel the love.

Spam

Looks good, we didn't have it yet last week. The base is huge, I wonder if it'll be harder to get it more upright for older babies.

Mommy2Marcus

I am really liking the looks of the stroller & the seat. I have seriously been wondering what seat I will wind up with next. I think it might be the On Board 35 or the Onboard Air. However it is between those & the Graco 35. I have been stalking Target for them. Thanks for sharing. I am glad to see that Dorel has finally made some nice infant seats.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmm, so people could buy the cheapo one at Target, and go to BRU for an extra base that came with a lockoff... :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
At least I hope hope hope that our extra bases have the lockoff. I'll post as soon as I find out (hopefully it's days or weeks and not months before they come out, too...)

ontariomama

Yeah, I wonder if that big base is kind of anti-reboundy? Might be, like the Chicco. Oh, that's not cheap! That's next in line to our most expensive travel system, the Chicco Cortina with the Key Fit 22 for 299. Then there are some mid range Gracos for 199-259, and some Evenflos and Baby Trends for 189 and lower...

Man! Some of our Graco Quattro Tour travel systems are over $450 and the Chicco Cortina is $439!! Evenflo's are the cheapest at $269... which is why I agreed with Misty until I read further into the thread :)

chloebeansmom

Thanks! I'm on the hunt for a bucket for my yet to be conceived next baby. We're a tiny family and my DD's SS1 fit horribly (didn't know at the time). So i want something that will fit a tiny baby, but I love my mosaic and don't want a new stroller. I'll be interested to hear.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So. Our BRU does NOT have this travel system. They have, instead, a cheap-looking Safety 1st stroller travel-systemed with an OnBoard that has no preemie pads, no lockoff, and a 5 lb. lower weight limit. :crying:

They do still have the Bertini though. I'm hopeful that someday they'll have extra OB bases WITH lockoffs (right now they have no extra bases, but still have the SureFit base display... :rolleyes: )

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah, the Jax system, yes, we have that, too. Our store is low-end, I imagine your workers just haven't gotten around to putting the Aerolite out yet...if OUR store has it, they ALL should get it (major planogram changes this last week...).

The Bertini's discontinued from our planogram, but it's going to take awhile to sell through them...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Bertinis aren't even discounted. I'm wondering if either they don't have them yet, or they do, but are just letting them sit until most of the Bertinis are gone.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Bertinis are 199 here, and FINALLY they are selling. 259 and they just sat and sat and sat. But we have no spare bases, I'm super super super irked that Dorel can't get a base out on our floor yet, I recommended someone go online for them, but I haven't googled to see if they sell them anywhere.

lil.miss32

Target.com has the base for the Onboard 35.

I have this seat for my infant, and the huge base was AWESOME to be able to get a perfect angle. It reclines nicely, and has the lock-off. :D I don't know if Target's does, but mine does. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC