Pleased owner of RSTV now

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Whew! Thanks to Michelle, Leila can again ride safely in my dad's truck :D He is quite "up" on CPS with me & very supportive, but lately ... I don't know, he's forgetting lots of important stuff :)confused::eek:) His doctors at the VA hospital have him as 100% disable now anyway & we lovingly refer to the Highlander + F250 as "his" although he doesn't actually drive :eek: My mom does. Except, she sucks at CPS :rolleyes: While my dad might forget not to use a lap only belt with a booster, my mom just can't even figure out how to use a seat regardless *SIGH* This has been stressing me out pretty bad since they babysit her while I'm in class & I don't have any other babysitting option :( So anyway, the one thing my dad consistently knows is that the center is safest -- he just forgets the conditions for when that isn't true.... Sooooo, now we have the RSTV & he is able to use it correctly quite easily in the center *YAY* Meanwhile, my mom just has the boosters for the other vehicles with better safety features such as center shoulder belt + headrest :cool: Part of writing about CPS lately has also been about writing an easy referrence list format of safest practice guidelines for both of my parents, too. Leila knows her stuff & tells them rather forcefully when something isn't done right, but my kid is in their hands & my hands are otherwise tied, so I feel better knowing they have some directions that make more sense to them than the wordy, confusing manuals! I'm just so relieved that if there's a snow storm & they all pile into the big truck with the plow Leila is safe :)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Congratulations on the RSTV!! I hope you enjoy it! I'm glad to hear your dad can use it correctly. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC