Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by lisa2976 View Post
    Preschoolians LOVE LOVE LOVE preschoolains, because you can do N-M-W inserts on them. Check on ebay for some- the manufacturer sells the last season off for $15 a pair + shipping... they sell under "preschoolians-barefoot is best" or a very similar name. Not the current model, but still very nice shoes.
    Size 24 = an 8
    25 = 8.75

We also buy NIB stride rites on ebay after having dd sized at the store. $15 a pair is much easier than $45 when they need new shoes every 3-4 months.
    Thanks for the tip on the ebay seller for the preschoolains. I had to google the name and then found the ebay store. I will keep looking to see it I can find something I like

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Crocs!

Charlie has a pait of $11 Croc knock offs (croc offs) and he loves them. They are extremely flexible, but protect his little feet.

We did the leather mocs for a long time, and i wish we still could. But if he cuts himself, it can bleed for hours. I'm too worried about something poking right through the leather bottoms of his soft soled shoes, so I reluctantly bought him the little croc offs right before Christmas. He loves them, and I don't feel like we're putting too much undue pressure on his little feet. Plus, they're very lightweight and will keep him under the 33# limit longer!

I think I might try the crocs sometime, but it is far tooooo cold for them right now Even with socks! Currently it is -20C and feels like -30C (-4F, feels like -22F) and this is the warmest day we have had in awhile

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I think I might try the crocs sometime, but it is far tooooo cold for them right now Even with socks! Currently it is -20C and feels like -30C (-4F, feels like -22F) and this is the warmest day we have had in awhile
    Yeah, I'd say that's too cold!!!

I wore my crocs in my car yesterday (my heels were not comfortable for driving) and I thought my feet would freeze off. It was way too cold, even though it was well above your temps!

gosh i don't know. i tryed some shoes from walmart for my daughter. and they looked good but i put them on her and maybe it was because she was un-easy on her feet but then i got her Nike's, Adidas, and K-Swiss and they are GREAT! she does so well....so i would say name brands like that! and i'm just a shoe freak and those are some of my fav. brads.
    Hailey Michelle 12 months/20lbs/28inches Saftey First Intera.

I would love to try some Crocs, but they're sort of expensive near me I forgot that my favorite sandals for Leila was Nike -- really bendy at the sole & stayed on her feet so well without leaving any red marks!
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

Quote Originally Posted by papooses View Post
    I would love to try some Crocs, but they're sort of expensive near me
    Try out EBAY, you might find something that works. I just purchased brand new Crocs there for $18 with shipping. I'm not loving that price, but I could at least afford those. Even at the BX, they're over $28 and never have my size or a tolerable color Too pricey for just a pair of runaround the house & yard shoes. But I really needed something to replace my very late & lamented Tyr sandals which were over 6 years old!
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

Rylan's OT recommended that he go barefoot or slippered so that he could "feel the ground" more and thereby get more feedback from each step. His first year of school last year he wore his Robeez all the time except of course outside. At home he is barefoot most of the time...that's because he pulls his socks off to chew on them, yuck. If he ends up with his dad's feet, I'll be saving up for those EEE wides. If they have to wear shoes, flexible is the way to go. I'm always amazed at how well kids can move in their crocs or croc offs. Giant Tiger usually has knock offs in the right season.
    Jacqui ~ Rylan ~ 08.13.02 ~ 57.2lbs on 9/26/08 ~ Radian 65
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?

Quote Originally Posted by JaRylan View Post
    Rylan's OT recommended that he go barefoot or slippered so that he could "feel the ground" more and thereby get more feedback from each step. His first year of school last year he wore his Robeez all the time except of course outside. At home he is barefoot most of the time...that's because he pulls his socks off to chew on them, yuck. If he ends up with his dad's feet, I'll be saving up for those EEE wides. If they have to wear shoes, flexible is the way to go. I'm always amazed at how well kids can move in their crocs or croc offs. Giant Tiger usually has knock offs in the right season.
    That's funny you mention this! I was at Giant Tiger yesterday and noticed that they had a big bin of croc knock-off's for $7.50! But they were all to big! I should have looked for a pair for me, I would love some for working in the garden