What do you recommend?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Preschoolians LOVE LOVE LOVE preschoolains, because you can do N-M-W inserts on them. Check on ebay for some- the manufacturer sells the last season off for $15 a pair + shipping... they sell under "preschoolians-barefoot is best" or a very similar name. Not the current model, but still very nice shoes.
Size 24 = an 8
25 = 8.75

We also buy NIB stride rites on ebay after having dd sized at the store. $15 a pair is much easier than $45 when they need new shoes every 3-4 months.

Thanks for the tip on the ebay seller for the preschoolains. I had to google the name and then found the ebay store. I will keep looking to see it I can find something I like :D

ADS

Splash

Crocs!

Charlie has a pait of $11 Croc knock offs (croc offs) and he loves them. They are extremely flexible, but protect his little feet.

We did the leather mocs for a long time, and i wish we still could. But if he cuts himself, it can bleed for hours. I'm too worried about something poking right through the leather bottoms of his soft soled shoes, so I reluctantly bought him the little croc offs right before Christmas. He loves them, and I don't feel like we're putting too much undue pressure on his little feet. Plus, they're very lightweight and will keep him under the 33# limit longer!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I think I might try the crocs sometime, but it is far tooooo cold for them right now :( Even with socks! Currently it is -20C and feels like -30C (-4F, feels like -22F) and this is the warmest day we have had in awhile:(

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I think I might try the crocs sometime, but it is far tooooo cold for them right now :( Even with socks! Currently it is -20C and feels like -30C (-4F, feels like -22F) and this is the warmest day we have had in awhile:(

Yeah, I'd say that's too cold!!!

I wore my crocs in my car yesterday (my heels were not comfortable for driving) and I thought my feet would freeze off. :p It was way too cold, even though it was well above your temps! :)

Haileys_mommy

gosh i don't know. i tryed some shoes from walmart for my daughter. and they looked good but i put them on her and maybe it was because she was un-easy on her feet but then i got her Nike's, Adidas, and K-Swiss and they are GREAT! she does so well....so i would say name brands like that! and i'm just a shoe freak and those are some of my fav. brads. :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I would love to try some Crocs, but they're sort of expensive near me :confused: :eek: I forgot that my favorite sandals for Leila was Nike -- really bendy at the sole & stayed on her feet so well without leaving any red marks! :)

Morganthe

I would love to try some Crocs, but they're sort of expensive near me :confused:

Try out EBAY, you might find something that works. I just purchased brand new Crocs there for $18 with shipping. I'm not loving that price, but I could at least afford those. :) Even at the BX, they're over $28 and never have my size or a tolerable color :rolleyes: Too pricey for just a pair of runaround the house & yard shoes. :p But I really needed something to replace my very late & lamented Tyr sandals which were over 6 years old!

JaRylan

Rylan's OT recommended that he go barefoot or slippered so that he could "feel the ground" more and thereby get more feedback from each step. His first year of school last year he wore his Robeez all the time except of course outside. At home he is barefoot most of the time...that's because he pulls his socks off to chew on them, yuck. If he ends up with his dad's feet, I'll be saving up for those EEE wides. If they have to wear shoes, flexible is the way to go. I'm always amazed at how well kids can move in their crocs or croc offs. Giant Tiger usually has knock offs in the right season.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Rylan's OT recommended that he go barefoot or slippered so that he could "feel the ground" more and thereby get more feedback from each step. His first year of school last year he wore his Robeez all the time except of course outside. At home he is barefoot most of the time...that's because he pulls his socks off to chew on them, yuck. If he ends up with his dad's feet, I'll be saving up for those EEE wides. If they have to wear shoes, flexible is the way to go. I'm always amazed at how well kids can move in their crocs or croc offs. Giant Tiger usually has knock offs in the right season.

That's funny you mention this! I was at Giant Tiger yesterday and noticed that they had a big bin of croc knock-off's for $7.50! But they were all to big! I should have looked for a pair for me, I would love some for working in the garden :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC