Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Re: Radian 65 SL for $112.99!

Hi. Thanks for sharing the info - which car seat is this - I only see the 65's for $199.99 adn the Montery for 119.99.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by psygrad View Post
    Hi. Thanks for sharing the info - which car seat is this - I only see the 65's for $199.99 adn the Montery for 119.99.
    The "sale" is gone, it was an error and they honored it for those who ordered at that price.
    DD1 12 years old--seatbelt, DS 9 years old--Monterey
    DD2 3 years old RFing in XTSL

Quote Originally Posted by P1ally View Post
    They have to honor that price by law- otherwise it's false advertising.

ETA- I doubt it was a pricing error. Someone called and had their previous order adjusted to that price. Don't you think they would have caught it at some point?
    I'm fairly certain that typos are not illegal. Also, diapers.com includes the following statement on their website:

"13. Mispricing. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our website may be mispriced. If we discover a mispricing, we will do one of the following:

If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item.
    If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation."

I think it's fantastic that they honored the price for so many people, but given how low the price was and how quickly the price was changed, I think it was a typo. Diapers.com went above and beyond their own site's policies, and I'm impressed by that.
    DD (9 years old) & DS (6.5 years old)

Senior Community Member clmchrissy's Avatar

It never even occured to me this was a typo when I posted. I thought maybe no one was buying the 65's since the XTSL seems to be so popular that they had lowered the price for the Sunshine Kids Sale. Of course I was also super excited about the low price & actually catching a good deal that I probably wasn't thinking too clearly. I kinda feel bad for Diapers.com, but I order from them a lot & they have always been great.

Quote Originally Posted by bree View Post

I think it's fantastic that they honored the price for so many people, but given how low the price was and how quickly the price was changed, I think it was a typo. Diapers.com went above and beyond their own site's policies, and I'm impressed by that.
    The price wasn't changed quickly at all This thread was posted at like 7:30am, and the price was in effect until about 5:30pm when they were sold out. 10 hours and they didn't notice craploads of orders pouring in for a seat that normally doesn't sell very well? Either they're sleeping on the job, or this was intentional.
    Last edited by P1ally; 02-11-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P1ally View Post

The price wasn't changed quickly at all This thread was posted at like 7:30am, and the price was in effect until about 5:30pm when they were sold out. 10 hours and they didn't notice craploads of orders pouring in for a seat that normally doesn't sell very well? Either they're sleeping on the job, or this was intentional.
    I still vote for typo. It was only up for one day, plus that day was a Saturday, so I can see how they might not notice it. Their other SL Radians are $30 off this week, and I think someone meant to type $199 for the 65 SL and messed up by typing $119 (they've had these same $30 off all SL model sales in the past). Either way, I'm sad I missed out, whether or not it was on purpose, but I'm glad so many people are getting the seats honored at that price!
    DD (9 years old) & DS (6.5 years old)

Quote Originally Posted by bree View Post
    I still vote for typo. It was only up for one day, plus that day was a Saturday, so I can see how they might not notice it. Their other SL Radians are $30 off this week, and I think someone meant to type $199 for the 65 SL and messed up by typing $119 (they've had these same $30 off all SL model sales in the past). Either way, I'm sad I missed out, whether or not it was on purpose, but I'm glad so many people are getting the seats honored at that price!
    Lol idk why there's a thumbs up on my post. Anyways, typo, sale, whatever- I'm just glad I'm getting one! Woohoo! (now if it would just get here!!!!)

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

Got mine today. It has a 09-09 DOM.
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

Received confirmation that mine is being shipped today!
    Misty, CPST and SK Senior Checker

Mine should be here tomorrow, but I'm not going to be here (at work, where it's being shipped to) tomorrow. BAH!

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    Don't forget to submit the Parenting magazine rebate form if you're eligible (link in quote above). It says postmarked within 28 days, which would be tomorrow (or today. I'm not sure how they would count, but the orders were all placed 02/06).

and thanks to melniemi for reminding me.

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

You're welcome